Fullerton Ventura Deluxe 4

xOriginalNinjax

• Members

So, I got the new bass in last night, but wasn't home to take pics or anything. Buuuut I did now. My first impression was "Holy freaking crap" just because it looks that good. I got the black matte finish on it, which is more or a black stain that is heavily applied it seems. you can see a good grain in the wood, and the body appears to be a solid, 1-piece. It's lighter than my SX Jazz (I'll be doing family pics in a bit and putting my review of it in there, since it never got one) but heavier than my Peavey Grind. (both of those are labeled as Alder, but the Peavey is "lightweight" alder) The neck is almost IDENTICAL to the one on my Peavey, but has a rosewood instead of a pau ferro fretboard. Grover-style tuners which seem to be REAALLY solid...for a $100 bass anyway...ALL gold hardware...screws, nuts, washers..the works. Nicely wired and organized (and ROOMY!) control cavity. Electronics are very nice, no buzz or scratch. Pickups are GROUNDED!!!! hahaha, no buzz except for minor stuff mostly from my CRT flatscreen from the MM pickup, but NONE from the J pickup AT ALL. The hipshot style bridge is nice, though I haven't had to mess with it yet, since it was perfectly intonated and the action is fine. The only thing is that it IS angled some...purposefully...but we'll see if that becomes a hindrance or a help. The frets are good, though a little sharp on the edges (how do I go about filing them down...dumb question I know, but they aren't sticking over the edge of the fretboard from what I can tell) but for $100 it is definitely a GOOD bass.

0331071216gj4.jpg

0331071219ho5.jpg

0331071220ht8.jpg

0331071221ze5.jpg

0331071222eg7.jpg

0331071222aab8.jpg

• Members

Alright, I just did some quick clips of different playing stylesish...to show how the different pickups and EQ sounds when played differently. I recorded direct to the Line in on my computer, so it's REALLY transparent...and quiet...sorry. The slap clips DID clip REALLY bad in some spots from the volume levels goin in, and I apologize, but I can't do much about it.

I did them all in this order...

Both pickups, EQ flat on the bass

Both pickups, Bass fully boosted, treble neutral

Both pickups, Bass neautral, treble fully boosted

Neck (Jazz) pickup, EQ flat on the bass

Neck (Jazz) pickup, Bass fully boosted, treble neutral

Neck (Jazz) pickup, Bass neutral, treble fully boosted

Bridge (Musicman) pickup, EQ flat on the bass

Bridge (Musicman) pickup, Bass fully boosted, treble neutral

Bridge (Musicman) pickup, Bass neutral, treble fully boosted

Gimme a minute to save and upload em, but they'll be here labled under playing style at www.myspace.com/xoriginalninjaxbass

Hope this helps some...fwiw...haha

EDIT:

The fingerstyle clip is currently being "processed" by myspace, but the other two are up and good to go...if it doesn't load in the next 15, I'll delete and reupload it.

• Members

I like it as well, built just as good as my SX jazz and sounds really similar, if with just a bit more lows to it.

I must not bring another bass into the house, I must not bring another bass into the house, I must not bring another bass into the house.

Seriously, I've got my basses covered (wife doesn't even know about the 6er) and I imagine I'll be saving for another cab to add to the 2x12 that hasn't even yet arrived, but dayum, you had to go and say it was a decent bass! :mad::p

• Members

Seriously, I've got my basses covered (wife doesn't even know about the 6er) and I imagine I'll be saving for another cab to add to the 2x12 that hasn't even yet arrived, but dayum, you had to go and say it was a decent bass!
:mad::p

Ahhh, and the best part is, there's only 1 other bass I want now...and it happens to be a Tbird...but oh well...I can wait on that...I've waited 4 years...what's another year or so? ;) Now AMPS and CABS on the other hand...I'd LOOOOVEEEE to have a Neopak 3.5 and Dr Bass 212 neo w/airhead....

Archived