aaarrggghh! Looks like I gotta return this amp

Robin

• Members

It's really too bad because this little Ibanez practice amp sounds really sweet...........til you turn it up.

The speaker has that cheap fluttering/buzzing thing going on. I can't deal with it.

So, I guess it going back. I'm thinking of this instead.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nemesis-N8-40W-1x8-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=488215

I just want something that sounds good. Not crazy about something with an 8" spkr. but, maybe they're "put together" better.

Open for suggestions though.

• Members

Thats not a lot of amplifier, for any application. If you're killing the ibanez, you prolly need somthing bigger, which may or may not be in your budget. Also, smaller speakers don't "Generally" work as well for the bass. Go with 10" or bigger. Yes, size matters :)

• Members

Thats not a lot of amplifier, for any application. If you're killing the ibanez, you prolly need somthing bigger, which may or may not be in your budget. Also, smaller speakers don't "Generally" work as well for the bass. Go with 10" or bigger. Yes, size matters
:)

Yeah, it's from the E on my A string and down that creates that flutter.

It' a 10" speaker in the Ibanez, probably some kind of defect though.

I want some I could at least jam with my son on. (drummer)

I guess at least 12's and 100 w.

• Members

I have this amp and actually think it's a great little bedroom amp. The bass sounds nice and clean in a small room thanks to the small 8" speaker. Don't believe those other people, it handles the open E beautifully. I didn't expect much from a 8" sub either but it has a surprising amount of low end. That seems to be as low as it goes though so if you play drop-D alot I'd look for a 1X10 combo as it did seem to get mushy below open E. I play it as loud as any amp should be turned up (gain at noon and master at 3 o'clock) and there's no farting. I do lower the bass by a notch though.

I did have a problem with it though. When I got it the mids knob didn't work at all. Turned out to just be cold solder joint which was simple enough to fix. They actually use silver solder on the N8's board instead of the cheaper common 60/40 solder.

All in all I'm very happy with the N8. Just last night I took my CB100 of my shelf and put the N8 in it's place I like the tone so much. Nice modern tone.

But like bassman1956 said I would definitely take a used CB30 over a N8. I love my Roland!!!!!

Archived