I guess people who drink can't teach.

Psilocybin

• Members
What if the photo was of her commiting child molestation? Or.. a bank robbery? Her lack of character is what is coming into play here. She was still commiting a crime, according to the school.

Thoughts?

Lack of character? How so?

She has a Myspace account where she posted a picture. She's not doing anything illegal or immoral.

Here's a newsflash for anyone who didn't get it when they were in high school---some teachers, especially those right out of college, like to party. Some of them even have social lives outside of school. :eek:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exhibit A: Note the look of sedition and corruption in her eyes!!!!!!

203449ijczmyspacea27_ful.jpg

Prove there is liquor in that cup. Seriously. She could be very tired drinking a cup of water. Prove to me that a cup with a CANDY BAR LOGO (not even like a brand of liquor) equates to anything wrong.

Are they stretching the concept of:

Mr Goodbar = Candy

Candy = Kids

Cup = drinking

You promote underage drinking (of chocolate? water?) {censored} these guys.

• Members

Prove there is liquor in that cup. Seriously. She could be very tired drinking a cup of water. Prove to me that a cup with a CANDY BAR LOGO (not even like a brand of liquor) equates to anything wrong.

Are they stretching the concept of:

Mr Goodbar = Candy

Candy = Kids

Cup = drinking

You promote underage drinking (of chocolate? water?) {censored} these guys.

+1

Some people should never be taken seriously.

• Members
A teacher at my kids school is pregnant. She's married and all, but she's obviously having sex so I think that promotes underage sex so she should be fired.

A teacher I had in middle school got knocked the {censored} up with a one night stand and wasn't fired.

She should have been though, terrible instructor. :)

• Members
Milky as in, the smoke is so thick before you clear the bong that it looks like milk.
:idea:

YYYYUCK!
:D
Orange juice is good...

C7

Speaking of Yuck - here's a trick I used to play in college - I'd save a used up roll-on antiperspirant container (the old type with the plastic ball in the tip), take it apart and clean it out really, really well, then put it back together and fill it up with milk mixed with a bit of flour and a tiny drop of green food coloring, then I'd sit out on the couch in front of the TV in the common lounge (shared with maybe 50 people), and calmly roll it on my tongue. Got some great reactions. :D

• Members

My post stands...and it did exactly what I wanted it to do...get you guys/gals to THINK....what many of you again seem to be missing, is the schools CHARACTER requirement here....

Let me introduce you to another situation.... a Female police officer...with comedations...posed for Playboy....and was promptly fired for "misconduct".

Thoughts?

• Members

My post stands...and it did exactly what I wanted it to do...get you guys/gals to THINK....what many of you again seem to be missing, is the schools CHARACTER requirement here....

Let me introduce you to another situation.... a Female police officer...with comedations...posed for Playboy....and was promptly fired for "misconduct".

Thoughts?

She committed no crime, and I expect her lawsuit to be successful. In your other example, I would expect the same.

Neither demonstrates a character issue of any sort, and neither is any god damned business of the school or employer.

The school either owes her her certificate, or complete refund of every dollar they ever received for her education.

• Members

Thoughts?

I wonder is the school's "CHARACTER" requirement is explicitly defined in the employment contract. I've got $100 that says it's not.

• Members

Thoughts?

I don't understand how an adult drinking alcohol can be considered a character issue.

Even more important, this wasn't an employer refusing her a position, this was the school she attended that said, "After 4 years of considering you a student in high standing, we have decided not to grant you the very certification for which you have qualified because of 1 inconclusive picture someone else saw on the internet".

• Members

Any legal activity an adult chooses to partake in on their own time away from work or school can simply not legally be used against the individual by the employer or school in any way. You can't legally constrain people from doing whatever they want on their own time. It's a concept known as "freedom", something we used to have and understand here in this country.

• Members

Any legal activity an adult chooses to partake in on their own time away from work or school can simply not legally be used against the individual by the employer or school in any way. You can't legally constrain people from doing whatever they want on their own time. It's a concept known as "freedom",
something we used to have and understand here in this country

You are right. And these freedoms, which come to us, U.S. Citizens at birth, have been so distorted and misused and abused...by the very people that swear by them.

The United States houses some of the richest, smartest, devious, carless, and abusive people on the planet. Also some of the most spoiled, (I want it NOW), generation of peolpe this country has ever seen.

Now, your conception of, "You can't legally constrain people from doing whatever they want on their own time," may be true, but employers and schools can and WILL use your CHARACTER, or lack of it, as a hiring tool.

As the Internet has brought us all closer, it has brought us all an unmatched wealth of information...as well as future employers.

Beware what you post and say...if you want a decent job...don't act the fool.

Is that so hard to understand?

• Moderators

Any legal activity an adult chooses to partake in on their own time away from work or school can simply not legally be used against the individual by the employer or school in any way. You can't legally constrain people from doing whatever they want on their own time. It's a concept known as "freedom", something we used to have and understand here in this country.

Wrong. As an employer there are lots of legal activities I will not allow my employees to partake in. Here's an easy example, it is legal for my employees to work at other law firms, but as part of their employment agreement, they forgo the right to do so. If the "activity" is part of a protected class then there may be discrimination concerns (gender, sexual orientation, race, etc.), but short of that, no problems.

Should she get her degree? YES. But only because the reason for denying it to her is stupid, not because she has some right to that degree.

• Members

Thoughts?

thats an old one....wow

didnt she appear with her uniform and that was part of the issue?

Archived