OT: The "Where Should I Live" thread (2007 Hurricane Preparedness Version)

Phantasm

• Members

We're celebrating our 30th anniversary of our last one this year (1977 baby).

And Detroit did SUCH a bang-up job this year against the Cavs.

HAHA!!!

Screw you 'Sheed for leavin' PDX!

We got one of Sheed's Hummers on trade at the dealership I used to work at. Smelled suspiciously like skunk and fresh cut lawn....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been to Portland, it's pretty, but it really does smell like hippies (BO & Lemon Grass). There are no worse drivers on the planet than the ones residing in that great (sic) state Texas. Horrible drivers. Florida has man eating bugs, California has man eating, car eating cracks in the ground, poisonous snakes and way too much plastic. North Dakota is most assuredly too cold. New hampshire and Vermont have nothing but hills that only they would call mountains.

Please come to Boston...... It gets no more high tech than this!.......

(how cold is too cold?)

• Members

I've been to Portland, it's pretty, but it really does smell like hippies (BO & Lemon Grass).

Heh. Don't know where in Portland you were. Unless you went to the Saturday Market (which all those crafty-market things are hippie.)

Portland smells fine. How can anyone from Boston complain? Jesus that place smells like dank feet & ass.

• Members

Heh. Don't know where in Portland you were. Unless you went to the Saturday Market (which all those crafty-market things are hippie.)

Portland smells fine.

As much as I hold some distaste for the town, Portland does not smell. Go to Camas up northeast of P-town for stinky poo smell.

• Members

Fo' sho'.

SoCal didn't agree with my finer sensibilities. That and my ex-girlfriend was making my life a living hell.

To quote Mary Schmich:

"Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft."

(Should be noted that quote is often attributed to Kurt Vonnegut, which is a total urban legend.)

I think it should also say, "Live in Southern California once, but leave before it makes you a pretentious douche."

• Members

I think it should also say, "Live in Southern California once, but leave before it makes you a pretentious douche."

There was no pretension there. I was driving a 1986 Nissan Stanza in a sea of 300k cars. After that I bought a Ford Bronco, then it was more a case of 'get the hell out of my way or I will ruin you'. :thu:

• Members

Please come to Boston...... It gets no more high tech than this!.......

(how cold is too cold?)

I'm not sure, I just know that when I went to Minnesota last February it was so cold that the cold sucked the air out of my lungs! I've never been around anything that cold, like EVER.

I've seen snow three times in my life (I'm 31) and once was in Minnesota. The other two times, once it actually snowed enough to build a snowman but he melted that afternoon.

Archived