Ampeg B-15N for $50.00....................

Thumpin5

• Members

The guitar player that I play with has a Ampeg B-15N at our practice place that's been sitting around for about a year now. He got it along with the guitar that he bought at the time. At first, he told me that he would sell it to me for $200.00 and I said that I would think about it. That was about 6 months ago. So the other night at practice I told him that I would give him $50.00 for it and he said alright.

I don't have a clue when this amp was made but I'm guessing sometime in the 70's. It has a black face plate and that's about all that I can tell about the amp to try to get some idea of the year it was made. I hooked up my Genz to the 15 and it's sounds great. The flip top amp is another story.

The top end is a mess. I'm pretty sure that it will need new tubes and a power cable since there's not one there...:mad: Also the amp won't stay attached to the flip top due to abuse. Last thing, the screws that hold the grill around the tubes are stripped so the grill won't stay on.

Should I just buy the amp and hope to turn a profit or should I get it restored??? And if I get it restored, how much $$$ do you think that it would take to get it working condition???

Thanks for any info,

Jody

• Members

Does anybody know if the black face plate came before or after the blue face? I just got through checking on the bay and the ones with the blue face plates are selling for around $800.00...:eek:

Talk about a kickass investment but I know it's probably too good to be true.

• Members

Does anybody know if the black face plate came before or after the blue face? I just got through checking on the bay and the ones with the blue face plates are selling for around $800.00...
:eek:

Talk about a kickass investment but I know it's probably too good to be true.

The chrome chassis with white silk screen (1960-67) came first. When Unimusic (1968-1971) took over it was the brushed aluminum faceplate with blue silkscreen. When Selmer/Magnavox (1971-1980)came in it became brushed aluminum with black silkscreen followed by black boxed control graphics in the mid-70s.

• Members

The chrome chassis with white silk screen (1960-67) came first. When Unimusic (1968-1971) took over it was the brushed aluminum faceplate with blue silkscreen. When Selmer/Magnavox (1971-1980)came in it became brushed aluminum with black silkscreen followed by black boxed control graphics in the mid-70s.

Thanks a lot for the info...:thu:

• Members

Buy it. If you don't like it, I'll give ya something for it. ;)

Seriously, they go for $700+ on eBay all the time. So probably, you can afford to get it overhauled. And quite honestly, it's one of the few I'd drop coin for right now. But only if it was a steal.

Archived