yet another nbd !!! :)

Guttermouth

• Members
Sounds bitchin' man. Sucks you got rid of your fl t-20 too, but looks like it was well worth it.
:)

yeah - the t-20 was cool but i figured i'm not rally a fretless kind of guy and this would get more play time.

you got a cool ass bass on the way too :thu:

• Members
Nice!

Don't let anyone at Rickresource know about it.

They'll break into your house and set it on fire...

:thu:

hahaha.
omg - i just realized if i do put it on ebay, i can legally put lawsuit bass with RICKENBACKER pickup.
ooooooh..... they are gonna HATE that...

• Moderators
hahaha.

omg - i just realized if i do put it on ebay, i can legally put lawsuit bass with RICKENBACKER pickup.

ooooooh..... they are gonna HATE that...

They will hate it and you will get an incredible increase in the number of views you get. :thu:

• Members
They will hate it and you will get an incredible increase in the number of views you get.
:thu:

hehehehe............
i wish i could nail down what it is about the way ricks play that i don't like. i think they all look and sound awesome but i just cant get comfortable playing them ( their guitars either for that matter):cry:

there's just not too many things that look more badass than a 4003.

• Members
i wish i could nail down what it is about the way ricks play that i don't like. i think they all look and sound awesome but i just cant get comfortable playing them ( their guitars either for that matter)
:cry:

Heyhey, if you hate, give it up. :p

• Moderators
hehehehe............

i wish i could nail down what it is about the way ricks play that i don't like. i think they all look and sound awesome but i just cant get comfortable playing them ( their guitars either for that matter)

Are you sure we aren't long lost brothers?

• Members
i'm still debating about it. it sounds awesome and is cool to have next to my electra guitar but, i don't really have the room to keep things i'm not gonna play around.
:freak:

Heyyyy, you know, I'm all for it. I'd be gladglad to relieve you of that terrible burden. :p

• Members
Heyyyy, you know, I'm all for it. I'd be gladglad to relieve you of that terrible burden.
:p

hah!! if i get ready to sell it i'll let you know.
it's just one of those things i've been wanting for years. i grew up with a guy who had a natural one and he always got the most awesome sounds out of it with a dimed acoustic 140.
i always said if i ever ran across another i would pick it up but, as it sits right now i just aint bonding with it:rolleyes:

• Members
hah!! if i get ready to sell it i'll let you know.

it's just one of those things i've been wanting for years. i grew up with a guy who had a natural one and he always got the most awesome sounds out of it with a dimed acoustic 140.

i always said if i ever ran across another i would pick it up but, as it sits right now i just aint bonding with it:rolleyes:

Excellent. :)

Yeah, I know how that is, and it sucks because nostalgia isn't reality. End up feeling like you wasted a bunch of time and money. Hopefully, it'll turn up for you. It's a nice bass. :D

• Members
Excellent.

Yeah, I know how that is, and it sucks because nostalgia isn't reality. End up feeling like you wasted a bunch of time and money. Hopefully, it'll turn up for you. It's a nice bass.
:D

i guess it's one of those rose colored glasses things. this bass looks soooo awesome i was all hyped up when i pulled it out of the case. i sat down with it and by the second note i was like " ooooooh yeah..............damn that's why i don't have a rick...."

• Members
i guess it's one of those rose colored glasses things. this bass looks soooo awesome i was all hyped up when i pulled it out of the case. i sat down with it and by the second note i was like " ooooooh yeah..............damn that's why i don't have a rick...."

Yeah, the build and such is am acquired taste, from what I've seen. I find them tasty. :p I'd easily sacrifice playabilty and comfort for the sounds and looks. Haha.:love:

• Members
Yeah, the build and such is am acquired taste, from what I've seen. I find them tasty.
I'd easily sacrifice playabilty and comfort for the sounds and looks. Haha.
:love:

Hah!
it's not really even a comfort thing. i can deal with the body contours and all it's just like rickenbacker set out to make a neck profile that is the exact opposite of what i look for :)
i wanted a rick 330 for years and finally made a 3 hour drive to go buy one.pulled it off the racks, sat down, hit an open e chord,hit an a minor ,put it back on the racks and left.
i guess that's why there's soo many guitars and basses in the world eh?

• Members
Hah!

it's not really even a comfort thing. i can deal with the body contours and all it's just like rickenbacker set out to make a neck profile that is the exact opposite of what i look for
i wanted a rick 330 for years and finally made a 3 hour drive to go buy one.pulled it off the racks, sat down, hit an open e chord,hit an a minor ,put it back on the racks and left.

i guess that's why there's soo many guitars and basses in the world eh?

Yeah, I've been looking into the necks and such, but I could totally deal with it. :p I've just recently realized that I like a chunkier profile. Played a G&L L2000 with the wider profile and loved it, though I'm not exactly sure what the Ric standard is, because I hear so many different things from people about the necks.

Yeah... For a long time, I thought my Jazz was gonna be it, because I wasn't able to find anything that was comfy. Six months later, I have three basses, one of which is a Washburn Lyon alongside my Jazz and the Fury II. Three very different necks and so on, but I play all of them.

• Members
Yeah, I've been looking into the necks and such, but I could totally deal with it.
I've just recently realized that I like a chunkier profile. Played a G&L L2000 with the wider profile and loved it, though I'm not exactly sure what the Ric standard is, because I hear so many different things from people about the necks.

aaah ok then.
i had a tribute l2k with the wide profile.this neck is not as wide but is quite a bit thicker and more rounded.
iirc ric offers a shallower neck now (front to back) but this bass is based on the 70's ricks so it might be right up your alley :)

• Members
aaah ok then.

i had a tribute l2k with the wide profile.this neck is not as wide but is quite a bit thicker and more rounded.

iirc ric offers a shallower neck now (front to back) but this bass is based on the 70's ricks so it might be right up your alley

Ooooo... Sounds ridiculously tasty.

Have you been able to record with it at all, man?

• Members
yeah man - i posted a clip of it up there ^ in post #20

Mmmm... Man, she's gooood. Really cool rock and hard R&B kind of tones. Really rich. :) Awesome bass. I wish that Rickenbacker hadn't went medieval on copiers. That config and body styling would be superstandard, probably on level with the "Fender style".

Archived