aaaah.........

upperhorn.jpg

mmmmm..........

inlays.jpg

weeee......

binding.jpg

hehehehe.......

wholefront.jpg

i've got kind of a "thing" for electras and this is such a rare bird i had to get it to go with my mpc equipped guitar (at the cost of my t-20fl :( )

electras.jpg

i do think i'm done for a while though:

allguitars.jpg

• Members

Nice collection.
:thu:

I'm going to have to do a group shot this weekend. Instruments and amps.

yeah man me too- one of these days i'll have to clean everything up and get it all in one spot and have my wife take some pics with the real camera.

you've got a couple of laklands don't you?

• Moderators

I do. I have a Glaub and a Hollowbody. I have three Hamer Cruise basses. I have a very nice double bass. I have an acoustic and and electric guitar. I have a V-4B, my home made Dual Showman Reverb and a Thunderfunk. I have a pair of Acme B2s. I am also babysitting a nice RI '57 P bass that will have to make an appearance in the photo.

• Members

I do. I have a Glaub and a Hollowbody. I have three Hamer Cruise basses. I have a very nice double bass. I have an acoustic and and electric guitar. I have a V-4B, my home made Dual Showman Reverb and a Thunderfunk. I have a pair of Acme B2s. I am also babysitting a nice RI '57 P bass that will have to make an appearance in the photo.

holy crap man.....

between you and i we could start a backline rental company :)

• Moderators

:)
man - i've been meaning to tell you. i decided to take your advice and build myself a pre. keep an eye out for a good deal on flat pack power transformers for me
:thu:

Cool.

I forgot to include the Tweed Deluxe clone I built to my list above. This is going to be a nice picture. :)

• Members

You get time to plug it up yet? I always wondered how tonewise they compare?

yeah man - i've been messing with it most of the day now and it sounds pretty close to a rick.this particular bass has a real rick pickup in the neck position. it's one of the set and bolt neck models. it's pretty close tonally but is a bit thumpier sounding.

i'll do up a short little clip here in a minute for you.

• Members

The only Ric I'd buy would be a knock off. They're way cooler IMO.

C7

i always love the way ricks look and sound but just have never jived with the way they play. this one actually may be too close to a ric in the way it plays. unless i do some serious bonding with it in the next couple of days it may be headed to ebay.

Archived