Ways to remove a bandage (help please!)

Trauma_Luna

• Members

Hey Hi, i had an accident last week and i suffered some injuries at my hand, i went to the hospital and after being cleaned, injuries were covered by a bandage, well now i have to clean injuries but i cant remove the bandage it hurts a lot when i try to move it, it seems like it got stocked with the injuries

please i need help to remove it, injuries can become infected

Thanks haha

• Members

Contact your doctor or hospital.

DO NOT RELY ON BASS PLAYERS ON THE INTERNET!!!

Your doctor's office needs to keep control of your treatment to help avoid any complications. While there are (a couple) medical professionals here, it would be unwise to ask unknown strangers for medical advice.

• Members

I find that dipping my hand in a bucket of hydrochloric acid helps dissolve the sticky adhesive as well as cleans the wounds as well.

where can i get hydrochloric acid ? and will it burns injuries at my hand? or just will dissolve the bandage

• Members

I find that dipping my hand in a bucket of hydrochloric acid helps dissolve the sticky adhesive as well as cleans the wounds as well.

Good tip, although hydrochloric acid will disolve most anything, including your hand...

Billy-B

• Members

Contact your doctor or hospital.

DO NOT RELY ON BASS PLAYERS ON THE INTERNET!!!

Your doctor's office needs to keep control of your treatment to help avoid any complications. While there are (a couple) medical professionals here, it would be unwise to ask unknown strangers for medical advice.

Amen, brother!

Billy-B

• Members

{censored}, is that really !?

Don't listen to him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

But in all honesty I was kidding DON'T dip your hand in a bucket of hydrochloric acid.

• Members

Don't listen to him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quite possibly so, but I would never "kid" about something that would seriously injure or maim someone should they take my advice literally.

Billy-B

• Members

Quite possibly so, but I would never "kid" about something that would seriously injure or maim someone should they take my advice literally.

Billy-B

Ehh I Thought everyone knew Hydrochloric ACID was dangerous my mistake. :idk:

• Members

I had surgery on my hand about a year ago. I know the feeling. That damn medical tape will stick to anything, it's basically medical grade duct tape. When it was time for my bandages to come off I slowly peeled them away and used an alcohol pad to remove some of the adhesive, while I was peeling it away. It worked pretty well for me. It seemed to be the safest way to remove adhesive without getting anything into the incision site.

• Members

I had surgery on my hand about a year ago. I know the feeling. That damn medical tape will stick to anything, it's basically medical grade duct tape. When it was time for my bandages to come off I slowly peeled them away and used an alcohol pad to remove some of the adhesive, while I was peeling it away. It worked pretty well for me. It seemed to be the safest way to remove adhesive without getting anything into the incision site.

thanks bro ! ill try it :thu:

• Members

this thread is retarded.

i'm a surgeon. and as a surgeon, unless i told you to remove the bandage yourself, leave the removal of the dressing to someone who KNOWS WHAT THE F--- THEY ARE DOING. and someone who knows that the kid below was joking about hydrochloric acid, for chrissake.

• Members

this thread is retarded.

i'm a surgeon. and as a surgeon, unless i told you to remove the bandage yourself, leave the removal of the dressing to someone who KNOWS WHAT THE F--- THEY ARE DOING.

I had a dorsal ganglion cyst / scar tissure removal of my right hand. I kept the post op bandading (splint/cotton/elastic wrap) for 2 weeks post op, it was removed along with the stitches at a post op appointment, my arm was a orange (betadine) and stinky :freak: from all the sweat. However, they replaced the stitches with a "butterfly" type bandaging and left that to keep dry for another two weeks, and was to be removed by me. That was the toughest adhesive I have ever had to deal with... maybe he got the same order.

• Members

If you're talking about removing the tape that holds the wound dressing in place, you have two options:

1. Pour some rubbing alcohol on a clean gauze pad or cotton ball and rub it on the tape to loosen the adhesive.

2. Grip it and rip it and get it over with. If the wound was dressed properly, the tape isn't on the wound site, and you won't reopen the wound.

In either case, make sure you have a clean dressing ready to re-bandage the wound. Clean the wound and re-dress it.

Archived