michael jackson acoustic guitar solo covers

e021708

• Members

Why does acoustic cover translate to "strum very slowly a over-simplified cord-scheme and sing with a airy tender whispering voice" 99% of the time?

"Billie Jean" and "Thriller" is energic songs sung with a punch and a certain kick, all I see on YouTube is slow strummers letting the air out of the balloon leaving sloppy dead versions.

I want some punch, dammit!!!! :(

• Members

I like it.

I used to do this song with my oldies/classic rock show band. I had a big plastic rat that I sewed onto a sock and I'd slide it onto my right arm so that it kinda looked like the rat was helping me play the guitar. Then I'd sing to the rat.

Not a show stopper, but it got a few chuckles.

• Members

Why does acoustic cover translate to "strum very slowly a over-simplified cord-scheme and sing with a airy tender whispering voice" 99% of the time?

I want some punch, dammit!!!!
:(

Hey now. I know you know this is not true. you can pour all the punch you want out of a acoustic solo cover. I mean who is the band leader!:thu:

But, when people are sad i.e. MJ RIP, it seems to make me want to cover those more so...:cry: I dunno:confused:

• Members

I take it you've heard Chris Cornell's Billie Jean, unplugged in Sweden?

Billie Jean: yeah i learned this song about a year and a half ago after hearing CC do an over the top version.

I felt as if that particular version was a bit much and so decided to try and learn it.

folkes go crazy over that tune and it's cool to me when they realise it's an MJ tune.

while I do a more laid back version than CCs cover it's very satisfying to me to pay homage to MJ for all the great songs he's given us over the years.

great song!

td

• Members

I like it.

I used to do this song with my oldies/classic rock show band. I had a big plastic rat that I sewed onto a sock and I'd slide it onto my right arm so that it kinda looked like the rat was helping me play the guitar. Then I'd sing to the rat.

Not a show stopper, but it got a few chuckles.

man you wail on that tune.

i like how you go all falsetto on the bridge. great voice.

you rock dude!

i got a mental picture of you with a plastic rat on your arm and it makes me laff. thanks for the rendition and the giggles.

td

• Members

Love that song... it was the first MJ song I learned...

His live performances of it seemed a little corny, but the story behind it makes you wonder if he, being the guy that he was, ever let go...

Josh Groban sang a cover of it and it's on YouTube... can't stand his voice or his version.

Archived