OT:Bassgeek's NFL Prediction thread!!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

ok as long as you know thats total BS. the worst thing the dirtbirds could have done is put their trust in vick and traded away schaub. they should have let vick go and made schaub the starter last year, he is the man. watch how good he is with texas this year.

all art blank's fault, he was riding vicks nuts since he came from VT.

On the serious tip, Vick sold shirts. That is why Mr. Blank loved him so much. He was a revenue maker for the team. We had real players like Kerney or my personal fav. K. Brooking. These players could not sell jerseys to the wanna be thug crowd like Vick could. Schaub will not be great in Texas this year, needs about two or three to develop as he saw very little time in Atlanta. Great that he is on a new team. Schaub is a good player that deserves to start somewhere.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

I've always thought Michael Vick was the most overrated piece of you know what.

I rember hearing everyone on Fox saying how Vick was the most exciting player in the NFL and that he was the future of the position. Load of crap. By half-time panel was saying how he needed to learn to throw the ball to someone other than Crump.

• Members
Joey Harrington will not throw as many picks as you think (thats kinda hard to do laying flat on your back)

Touche.:D

I actually had high hopes for Harrington coming out of college; I think his time in Detroit shell-shocked the hell out of him. He should hunker down for more of that in ATL, unfortunately.

Matt Schaub is going to show the world why David Carr got robbed in Houston. He's gonna be a tackling dummy out there.
C7

• Members

pats and bears in the superbowl. Bears win a close one 27-24. I believe rex grossman has a fantastic year, and the bears D will be even stronger this year since all of their rookies have more experience. They also got rid of tank and got a DT that has the same size and ability. Benson will have a great year, and no one will be able to stop the bears. As long as the offense can produce, they will be productive. Ill I gotta say is.......
Da Bears!

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

• Members

Is it really that hard to believe the once great 49ers will Go from sucking to mediocraty this year????

nope, I think your prediction is spot on. I think the 49ers have a shot at the wildcard, although its gonna be tough with the teams in the nfc east. They also have an improved division that will be good pending a healthy roster.

• Members
nope, I think your prediction is spot on. I think the 49ers have a shot at the wildcard, although its gonna be tough with the teams in the nfc east. They also have an improved division that will be good pending a healthy roster.

Yeah, Alex Smith is on his fabled rise to mediocrity, set to join the ranks of Billie Joe Tolliver, Dave Kreig, Rob Johnson, Akili Smith, and Rodney Peete.:idea:
C7

• Members

Congress will intervene to make sure the Patriots are in it after the terror attack that's gonna happen in the next 90 days.

C7

Ah, gotcha. I was just thinking that the gov't hasn't been involved enough in sports entertainment lately. That's the kind of precedent that could ultimately get the Redskins back to the Super Bowl.

• Members
Yeah, Alex Smith is on his fabled rise to mediocrity, set to join the ranks of Billie Joe Tolliver, Dave Kreig, Rob Johnson, Akili Smith, and Rodney Peete.
:idea:
C7

I think your gonna be surprised this year. He finally has a few good recievers and a decent O-line, not to mention his running back. I predict atleast 25 touchdowns from him this year.

• Members

Ah, gotcha. I was just thinking that the gov't hasn't been involved enough in sports entertainment lately. That's the kind of precedent that could ultimately get the Redskins back to the Super Bowl.

if only that were so. I remember that last time them were in the superbowl. I think i was 4 or 5.

• Members

I still don't understand how there are going to be three teams in the AFC championship.

D'oh!!! Did I screw up???

Edit: I Did!!! Ooopsss!!! I guess I'vee been crackin too much smoke!

Amended Prediction: Winner of Pats- Ravens Semi final meets Colts for AFC Title!

• Members

I think you may be off on the Colts...and me being from Indy, I don't like saying that. We lost a couple key components to our SB winning team last year...so I don't expect a full repeat...I haven't really read up on training camp this year though...so maybe a few of the rookies will bring in what we lost...

As someone who's originally from Indianapolis, I agree with you. I haven't been keeping up with training camp as much as I should be... I really think the pats will be the team to beat this year.

• Members
Yeah dude, Joey Harrington is the Falcons' savior. He should throw enough picks that you won't have to worry about your running back fumbling the ball constantly, so there's an upside.
:idea:

The Broncos should have a decent season, still waiting to see if Cutler really is better than Plummer at this point. They have the best corner tandem in frickin' history, Travis Henry should be a stud, Brandon Stokely is having an incredible training camp, and they've got some defensive end talent so there might be some sacks this season.

I'm taking my grandpa to training camp tomorrow, hopefully some of the stars will be out, we're going to the morning practice.
:thu:
C7

Cutler is WAY better bro. WAY better.

• Members

I got another one for ya........

Look for some sabre- rattling from the Cardinals this year too. They will be like the Vikings of 2 seasons ago (Or the Chargers of 3 seasons ago) in that they will win a lot of games they're underdogs in, and lose a lot of heartbreakers when they're favored, or evenly matched. Their season will be good, but ultimately, dissappointing.

Maybe 9-7, just missing the wild card.

Archived