OT:Bassgeek's NFL Prediction thread!!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

I usually wait for the preseason games to start before I do this. In fact, I usually wait till the season starts.

This year, however, there is so much drama that I can't wait. So here in my premature speculation!

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Winner: Ravens

NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikingse

Winner: Bears

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Winner: Colts

Colts repeat as AFC Champs

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Winner: Saints

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Winner: Patriots, who meet Colts in AFC Championship, unless Ravens prevail.......

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

Winner: Philadelphia, going to another NFC Title game, but probably their last........

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

Winner: Denver or San Diego. Chargers would be the easy pic, but I am not sure last years fade was a mistake. Maybe THOSE are the real Chargers, not the ones who led the league till the playoffs.......

NFC WEST

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

Winner: 49ers who will find themselves on an upswing!

Super Bowl prediction:

AFC: Colts meet Ravens for AFC Championship, Colts win in a close one, return to Superbowl.

NFC: Philly is the favorite, but after a mid- season slump, Bears and 49ers gain, each winning their divisions. Wild Cards, Dallas and St. Louis provide a healthy Scare, but Donovan McNabb Returns to Super Bowl glory, proving the Naysayers wrong!

Unfortunately, the Super Bowl itself is another yawner, as the Colts defeat Philadelphia, and McNabb turns in a Rex Grossman-like performance. Repeat MVP Dwight Freeney sacks McNabb all day.

Colgts 31- Philly 10.

Anyone else wanna take a crack????

BTW, I don't pick Philly because I am a fan. I think they want to prove something this season, and I think they'll get really close......... but will end up raising more doubts than ever.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you may be off on the Colts...and me being from Indy, I don't like saying that. We lost a couple key components to our SB winning team last year...so I don't expect a full repeat...I haven't really read up on training camp this year though...so maybe a few of the rookies will bring in what we lost...

• Members
Im not diggin' where you have my Bucs

Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Helmet-Logo-Photofi

That's the toughest division in the league ths season, I think.Every one of those teams except Atlanta promises big things. I think The Saints have been so close the last two seasons that, Like Me Eagles, Sheer desire will take them over.

• Members

Winner: Patriots, who meet Colts in AFC Championship

Super Bowl prediction:

AFC: Colts meet Ravens for AFC Championship, Colts win in a close one, return to Superbowl.

Which is it?

The Eagles won't make the playoffs, the Giants will win that division.

Randy Moss will {censored} things up for that Pats and the Jets will win that division.

I'm expecting to see Indy and Chicago turn in dominant performances.

San Diego will not do nearly was well as they did last year thanks to a tougher schedule this year.

Tennessee will step it up and snag a wild card spot this year.

Carolina is in a good position to do very well this year.

• Members

pats and bears in the superbowl. Bears win a close one 27-24. I believe rex grossman has a fantastic year, and the bears D will be even stronger this year since all of their rookies have more experience. They also got rid of tank and got a DT that has the same size and ability. Benson will have a great year, and no one will be able to stop the bears. As long as the offense can produce, they will be productive. Ill I gotta say is.......Da Bears!

• Members

Everthing hinges on teams staying healthy. The Seahawks were walking wounded last year and missed the big dance by a field goal. They have acquired a safty tandum and a pass rusher that will make their defense rated in the top five this year. Again, if Hasselbeck can stay healthy......

I like New Englands chances and don't look for Indy or Chicago to repeat. Denver will stay in the mix as long as they have Shanahan coaching. Detriot will be the most improved team this year with Miami taking the chumps award. This is great news for Oakland fans who will muster a big six wins this season.

The spoiler in the NFC-Giants

The spoilers in the AFC-Chargers

• Members

NFC: Philly is the favorite, but after a mid- season slump, Bears and 49ers gain, each winning their divisions. Wild Cards, Dallas and St. Louis provide a healthy Scare, but Donovan McNabb Returns to Super Bowl glory, proving the Naysayers wrong!

Unfortunately, the Super Bowl itself is another yawner, as the Colts defeat Philadelphia, and McNabb turns in a Rex Grossman-like performance. Repeat MVP Dwight Freeney sacks McNabb all day.

Colgts 31- Philly 10.

the eagles are going to win it all this year. book it.

• Members

The Bears won't make it out of the first round, if they even get there. No one in their division is anything worthy, but that's just the way things work here in Chicago. You get far into the playoffs one year and then suck for a few more after that. It's a long, cruel cycle.

• Members

Falcons all the way baby! Now that we are without the distraction that is Michael Vick we will be unstoppable. Super bowl bound!! (hurts to type that, but cannot give up on the team until pre-season)

Huh? Without the distraction that is Michael Vick? There are nothing BUT distractions with that team.

• Members

Falcons all the way baby! Now that we are without the distraction that is Michael Vick we will be unstoppable. Super bowl bound!! (hurts to type that, but cannot give up on the team until pre-season)

Yeah dude, Joey Harrington is the Falcons' savior. He should throw enough picks that you won't have to worry about your running back fumbling the ball constantly, so there's an upside.:idea:

The Broncos should have a decent season, still waiting to see if Cutler really is better than Plummer at this point. They have the best corner tandem in frickin' history, Travis Henry should be a stud, Brandon Stokely is having an incredible training camp, and they've got some defensive end talent so there might be some sacks this season.

I'm taking my grandpa to training camp tomorrow, hopefully some of the stars will be out, we're going to the morning practice.:thu:

C7

• Members

ok as long as you know thats total BS. the worst thing the dirtbirds could have done is put their trust in vick and traded away schaub. they should have let vick go and made schaub the starter last year, he is the man. watch how good he is with the texans this year.

all art blank's fault, he was riding vicks nuts since he came from VT.

• Members

Yeah dude, Joey Harrington is the Falcons' savior. He should throw enough picks that you won't have to worry about your running back fumbling the ball constantly, so there's an upside.
:idea:

Joey Harrington will not throw as many picks as you think (thats kinda hard to do laying flat on your back) and with a QB that is willing to be a passer, we should be able to get more yardage out of our running backs. Trust me, the Falcons will be a threat to most high school teams in the region. Don't hate on the Birds.

Archived