New Bass Player

cics_husband

• Members

Many quality brands.

What's your price range?

Do you like a more vintage warm sound (old R & B)?

Or do you like a more full-ranged modern sound with more highs & really low lows?

Probably more important than this is finding a bass with a neck that is comfortable to play.

• Members

I got a Jay Turser 400. I think the more modern really low lows would suit me best. I dodn't know much about them yet but I'm learning. I don't think I will be a fan of the active pick ups (I think its called). I don't want to have to replace batteries. So am I to assume that any bass would be fine. I read all these reviews that said certain basses didn't fit certain sounds.

• Members

I got a Jay Turser 400. I think the more modern really low lows would suit me best. I dodn't know much about them yet but I'm learning. I don't think I will be a fan of the active pick ups (I think its called). I don't want to have to replace batteries. So am I to assume that any bass would be fine. I read all these reviews that said certain basses didn't fit certain sounds. I don't think I can go over $500 dollars.

• Members

I will be reading and asking questions some of which will seem elementary but bare with me as I learn what you guys already know. Everyone told me that the Turser brand or at least the one I have is one of the cheaper brands, but I'm going to use it to learn on then I'll upgrade to whatever $500 will buy me.

• Members

if you aren't sure about the sound you want , and what kind of bass you need, you could go with a versatile bass, like a G&L 2000 tribute. it has so many different tones, that you will find some useful sound.

ones you have more practice and you have a clear idea of what tone you want, you can go with a bass with a more defined tone, but not that versatile.

• 5 months later...

Archived