OT HELP! Liberty Spikes?

mlwarriner

• Moderators
12"? Whoa!

I had spikey hair for a while. I mean, it wasn't 12" or anything, but Got 2 B's glue worked really well for 2 ~ 3 inches I had.

O8RG.jpg

That's what I use now, because the other product that worked better is nowhere I can find it. It was called "Ice" something or other and it did smell as if it had Elmer's Glue in it.

• Moderators

Ha! I tired the ICE, too. It smelled like bubble gums, and that was about the best part. It really didn't hold well.

You got a different kind, bro. Glue doesn't smell anything like bubble gum and this stuff actually made your fingers practically stick together if you held them together for any length of time.

Here's the spiker

joico_ice_spiker_water_resistant_styling

• Members

I've had a mohawk for the better part of the last nine years, and the best thing I've ever used is Elmer's Washable School Glue Gel. Goes in easy, washes out fairly easily, and the blue gel is way more transparent in your hair than the regular white glue. It's also WAY cheaper than any styling gel.

Using a blow-drier and some patience, the stuff will easily do 12" spikes.

• Members

You got a different kind, bro. Glue doesn't smell anything like bubble gum and this stuff actually made your fingers practically stick together if you held them together for any length of time.

Here's the spiker

joico_ice_spiker_water_resistant_styling

Oh, ok. Different ones than what I had. This came in a jar, and it was pastel blue, and it smelled like how it looked. I just searched, and I guess they don't make em any more.

• Moderators
Oh, ok. Different ones than what I had. This came in a jar, and it was pastel blue, and it smelled like how it looked. I just searched, and I guess they don't make em any more.

That sounds like it was something more like a hair wax product. Those don't hold up well at all.

• Members

That sounds like it was something more like a hair wax product. Those don't hold up well at all.

Mmm, hot stage lights and 12" wax spikes on top of your head...you'd look like you had a Jeri Curl after about the 4th song.:idea:

Well, Warriner might not have a problem with this considering his overall height with 12" spikes would be just under 6'.:D

C7

• Members

Don't mean to threadjack, but I'm also a draftsman. What kind of drafting do you do? Architectural? Mechanical? AutoCAD? SolidWorks?

structural mostly, with an emphasis on movable and railroad bridges. microstation v8 is the main software i use, but i've been known to dabble in autocad (blech!) and 3d studio some as well.

• Members

structural mostly, with an emphasis on movable and railroad bridges. microstation v8 is the main software i use, but i've been known to dabble in autocad (blech!) and 3d studio some as well.

Sounds interesting. I'm the CAD systems administrator for this company. We use Autocad for architectural and SolidWorks for mechanical. I love my job. I get to do the 2 kinds of drafting that I like!!

• Members

Seems to be several engineering field people interested in Bass or vice versa... I have met three or four bass players at the engineering firm I work for.

Archived