I went back to good old GHS Boomers.

burdizzos

• Members

I haven't used Boomers for 10 years, but not for any particular reason. I used EB Slinkys for a long time, and the last time I changed strings I went with the D'Addario coated strings. I liked them for a while but now they're deader than any non-coated string I've ever played could get. They're gone.

Maybe I'll give a set of Boomers a shot next time. I'm not a string loyalist really, I just like them to last as long as possible, and the coateds lasted a month.

C7

• Members

I've been using Boomers exclusively for over 10 years, and get a good solid 1-3 months out of a set, depending on how much I'm playing that particular bass... Their mediums give me the tone I need, are consistant, and I can *usually* get a set for under $20 - for my drop tuned basses, I just use a Boomer .110 - a local shop ordered in 12 of them at my request, and sells them to me for $6 apiece...

Boomer fan here...

- georgestrings

• Members

Boomers are my string of choice but I cant afford them: I change strings every 15hrs-25hrs of play which comes up to 3 to 5 nights of play and/or they begin to lse brightness-- therefore, although I love Boomers, I get thecheapest-ass string I can find

DAYUM DOOD!

send me your old worn out strings!

• Moderators

Boomers are my string of choice but I cant afford them: I change strings every 15hrs-25hrs of play which comes up to 3 to 5 nights of play and/or they begin to lose brightness-- therefore, although I love Boomers, I get the cheapest-ass string I can find

You need a string deal. Get on that.

Oh wait, your a keyboardist now, never mind. :p

• Moderators

I still gig up to 3 nights/days per week playing bass
:)
( played a day gig today on bass:cool: played keys last night
:(
)

Knock off that frowny crap. Any gig is a good gig and being able to work gigs from multiple instruments makes you a much better (and more desirable) musician. :thu: Besides, you could play keys exclusively for the next 10 years and still be more of a bass player than I am. :wave:

• Members

Knock off that frowny crap. Any gig is a good gig and being able to work gigs from multiple instruments makes you a much better (and more desirable) musician.
:thu:
Besides, you could play keys exclusively for the next 10 years and still be more of a bass player than I am.
:wave:

I'll give you the "any gig is a good gig" statement, especially as it pays my bills - Yay! ( I poop my diaper) - but that "more of a bass player" melarkey is a bunch of doo doo.........

Archived