Flatwounds on a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

Ole Man Blues

• Members

Thanks for all the comments and opinions. Flats are a great way to go if your music style accepts the tone.

I play only in Church and string noise is not fitting the musical style especially when the music gets soft and melodic.

If flats are good enough for James Jamerson they are good enough for me.......

Nuff said......:cool:

OMB

• Members

I had flats on my Geddy the first few years. That's because I was heavily into jazz and only had the one bass. Sounded fine.

But then I wanted zing. So I went to rounds. Which is what my erstwhile rock band needed.

I e-bayed an MIM fretless and stuck the flats on there. Best of both worlds. :)

• Members

Thanks for all the comments and opinions. Flats are a great way to go if your music style accepts the tone.

I play only in Church and string noise is not fitting the musical style especially when the music gets soft and melodic.

Nuff said......
:cool:

OMB

and they sure sound good on Joe Osborn's Jazz basses :thu:

• Members

Nuff said......
:cool:

OMB

I play in church also, more with acoustic guitars than electric (also piano, viola, drums, flute). Flats sound great in that context, warm and/or thumpy. I also like the way percussive playing sounds when no note is not played (stops, dead notes, etc). Some flats don't cut enough in an electric onslaught, though.

Archived