Flatwounds on a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

Ole Man Blues

• Members

I play straight Bass, no popping or slapping just a groove player. I put Fender flats on my Geddy Lee and like the overall way it makes it sound. It still growls and thumps just with a warmer tone.

Anyone else use flats on their Geddy Lee?????:cool:

By the way, what a great Bass this instrument is.........:thu:

OMB

• Members

flats are a sure fire way to ruin your tone and feel

Or improve it. Some of us don't like sounding like type writers. :p

I have rounds on most of my other basses. Flats work just fine on the Jazz Bass and the MIJ fretless acoustic/electric P-bass.

To each his own. :thu:

• Members

Or improve it. Some of us don't like sounding like type writers.
:p

I have rounds on most of my other basses. Flats work just fine on the Jazz Bass and the MIJ fretless acoustic/electric P-bass.

To each his own.
:thu:

you can always roll the tone off, you can't add the zing to a flat

• Members

What don't you guys like about flats?

Putting LaBella flats on my Warmoth made it unplayable in a live band setting. The tone sounded alright on it's own and they felt good, but man did it sound like ass with the band. Just no usable tone whatsoever.:(

• Members

not everyone wants to hear zing.

every bass I have has diffrent strings on them for the sound I want for that pirticular bass.

I know, but I'd rather the option was there. You can always take the zing away with the tone control

• Members

I could try to get my Rickenbacker to sound like it had flats on but it wouldn't work. That's why I'd kinda like a second one. I really like the sound of it with flats. But I really like the sound of it with rounds. Anyway I've come to the conclusion that the sound I want from the Precision bass I don't own yet is easier achievable by putting flats on it.

However flats on a Jazz is crazy... :p

• Members

Oh, yeah?

Go put some lutefisk in your pipe and smoke it, ya Scandahoovian bastage.
:mad:

Every now and again I get the feeling you know more about Scandinavian food than I do... :freak: I had to look that one up. Apparently it's Norwegian. At least the way you spell it.

Archived