Being Responsible Sucks Sometimes

Thunderbroom

• Members

It's Labor Day and the weather's beautiful. I'm at work prepping for classes that I'm teaching this week. I had to get the campus police to unlock the building to get in this morning. My wife just called and she and the kids are going to hang out with another family for the afternoon.

:cry:

• Members

I hear ya. I had to get up at 0500 this morning to go fly a trip, was scheduled to be back by noon so I would have had the whole day after that. So just before I went to start up #2 I get a call that the passengers I was going to pick up are now going to leave at 5pm, which means I'm sitting around wasting the whole day and won't get home until around 7pm.:mad:

:(

• Members

I've got you all beat. I'm giving birth today
:D

Well, hopefully today...or very early tomorrow morning!

I went to see my new nephew yesterday. I guess I had forgotten just how small and fragile babies are. It was really cool to see a newborn again.

Good luck with the labor. I hope that it's short and as painless as possible.

:)

• Members

Don't feel bad.

My son and I spent the entire day installing:

(2) Ceiling Fans

(2) Coach Lamps

(1) Wall cabinet in the Laundry Room

Each one of these tasks should have taken less than an hour each.

But due to a conspiracy between the builder of my house and the Chinese manufacturers of above items, the job took all day.:mad::mad::mad:

OK, we did take frequent pool breaks and a couple of bike rides in between, but still...

• Members

Don't feel bad.

(2) Ceiling Fans

(2) Coach Lamps

But due to a conspiracy between the builder of my house and the Chinese manufacturers of above items, the job took all day.
:mad:

Ain't it the truth! That {censored} NEVER takes an hour. :rolleyes:

• Members

Don't feel bad.

(2) Ceiling Fans

(2) Coach Lamps

But due to a conspiracy between the builder of my house and the Chinese manufacturers of above items, the job took all day.

OK, we did take frequent pool breaks and a couple of bike rides in between, but still...

If I need something done and only have a few hours, I'll get my kids to help. If I need to get it done in under an hour I don't have time to let them help.

:)

Archived