OT need some input

max maroon

• Members

Don't usually get too personal on here but I am in need of input on something, and I can't think of anybody that I'd rather ask than some fellow bass players, maybe something youall say will trigger sumthin....Anyways here goes, Do you guys believe that Coincidence is truly just coincidence or does it sometimes mean more, have you ever had a situation that won't go away and you keep getting drawn to it or it keeps coming at ya? I'm a very grounded person and I believe it's all just BS but things are getting a little freakin weird lately......Anythang you guys got is greatly appreciated.

• Members

I think that we as humans have a tendency to ascribe patterns to things we want to see. Throughout history there are things taken for "signs" because they are called signs. The concept of synchronicity is interesting, but more than anything it's all in our heads.

Things don't happen FOR a reason, they've happened because of a set of reasons.

The best way to describe it is in a diagram.

notcircle.jpg

That is not a circle. It's four arcs. Your brain completes the image to something you're familiar with, comfortable with, and expect.

Same with life. You see patterns and associate them even though they're just happenstance.

• Members

...i totally agree with you, but lately the gaps between the four lines of that incomplete circle are getting REALLY small, but you're right no matter how minute the gaps are it isn't a circle till they all meet.....Damn it's getting close though.

Times like that is when you need to step back and look big picture. Try to be objective.

• Members

Do you guys believe that Coincidence is truly just coincidence or does it sometimes mean more, have you ever had a situation that won't go away and you keep getting drawn to it or it keeps coming at ya?

Everything happens for a reason, but there's nothing mystical or metaphysical about it. 99% of the time the reason something happened is because of a choice you made. The other 1% of the time is just dumb luck. At the risk of sounding like the Oracle from The Matrix, good or bad, win or lose we are all the victims or the benefactors of our own choices.

• Members

....I do believe it's all cause of me too, I've been running from or running to this problem for aboot 3 years now, but there are some things going on that are very hard to explain as chance, but I guess the mind is a powerful thang, Now if I could only do sumthin constructive with it.

• Members

You know Bluescout I was gunna try and condense it up and explain it a bit but it's really long and involved and I don't type really well, it'd take a few beers to really give the proper history of this issue...thanks for askin though, and I am also a Masshole and proud of it....GO PATS!!!

• Members

You know Bluescout I was gunna try and condense it up and explain it a bit but it's really long and involved and I don't type really well, it'd take a few beers to really give the proper history of this issue...thanks for askin though, and I am also a Masshole and proud of it....GO PATS!!!

Go ahead and tie one on. We'll wait right here.

How much better can life get than watching the "Super Chargers" get stomped within inches of crying like schoolgirls. One of the best in the league my ass. Rivers should be tattooed with "Property Of New England Patriots" and we should load him into the truck with the rest of our gear. :thu:

Archived