WTFOT: Stinky co-workers

misterhinkydink

• Members

We had a guy at work a few years ago that didn't have the best hygiene. It got to the point where the boss actually called him into the office to discuss it. He basically told him that he needed to start cleaning himself and use deodorant. When you think about it, it really is offensive and disruptive to be smelly at work and supervisors should not be shy about confronting stinky people.

• Members

We had a guy at work a few years ago that didn't have the best hygiene. It got to the point where the boss actually called him into the office to discuss it. He basically told him that he needed to start cleaning himself and use deodorant. When you think about it, it really is offensive and disruptive to be smell at work and supervisors should not be shy about confronting stinky people.

I don't know if it's hygiene and/or the food she eats but it's definitely coming from her body.

• Members

I don't know if it's hygiene and/or the food she eats but it's definitely coming from her body.

its prolly curry. "they" cook everything with it. i used to live below 2 dot indians and man every time they cooked dinner our apt would stink. after the year lease was up we got outta there as quick as possible.

• Members

its prolly curry. "they" cook everything with it. i used to live below 2 dot indians and man every time they cooked dinner our apt would stink. after the year lease was up we got outta there as quick as possible.

There is a neighborhood in Chicago's north side that is about 100% Indian. If you drive down that street on a hot summer day it just reeks of curry.

• Members

I used to go to a gaming lan where a kid called martin had a {censored}ing aweful bo problem, we just bullied him until he started using the shower more and antiperspirant.

meh i'm not gonna lie! and it did him good... in the end :thu:

But in this situation... where you might get fired for such an act, it might be best just to tell a superior and then let him sort it out.

• Members

This is a person, not food. It may be the food she eats but it's her person that smells.

If it's that much of a problem and your supervisor won't do anything about it, go to HR. Seriously. If a formal complaint goes to the HR department, they're obligated to deal with it, and they're also obligated to keep your name confidential.

• Members

You know, I've got an Indian neighbour, and they think our food stinks just as bad...

right, thats why when i got really pissed off i would bust out the grill and make hamburgers. i would angle the grill just right so that the smoke and smell would drift up from my back porch up to theirs and into their sliding glass porch door.

• Members

If it's that much of a problem and your supervisor won't do anything about it, go to HR. Seriously. If a formal complaint goes to the HR department, they're obligated to deal with it, and they're also obligated to keep your name confidential.

This is the USA and that will backfire right in your face, then the complainers will be accused of harassment. Trust me i know firsthand on this.

We had a woman that had more dogs, cats, birds, and farm animals than you could shake a stick at, the dogs (21) and cats(?) lived right in the singlewide trailer with her and her husband. You talk about "wetdog" at 6:30 first thing in the morning, no one would even sit on her side of the room and it was a big room for morning meetings, it would linger and stay strong on her for an entire 12 hour shift. Well we all complained...the managers didn't know how or want to approach the problem, so we went to HR and the Plant Nurse, well she cleaned up for about 2 days and that was it, another complaint made, told to stop picking on her and if we wanted something done to form our own little committee to confront her...then came her tears and boo hooing to HR and we were then told in no uncertain terms to leave her alone or chance being written up.

In hinkeydinks case if she's a foreigner he doomed...she has 2 minority status' on her side...female and foreign. Pray for him :D

EDIT: a to add to the above, and this is no lie...you could smell her truck in the parking lot from like 50 feet away. I {censored} you not.

Archived