Any Bass players on here from Upstate NY?

bobbtoz

• Members

Thought I'd reach out on the bass forum to see if theirs any interest in getting together and playing some 80's metal (Judas Priest, Dio, RATT, Maiden Dokken ect). Current bass player only wants to play once or twice a month. The drummer and I would like to play once a week. Currently its just for fun, but would be interested in gigs.

Thanks

Bob T.

• Members

I am near Red hook. closest to you but still an hour and a half away.

I jammed once a few years back with a Lawyer from Saratoga who I think had a local band named train something....... we had a weekly Jam thing at New Music in Albany. it was pretty cool

Man, to bad you weren't closer. Are current bass player dictates when we play. The drummer and I would like to play once a week (at least), but we end up playing once every other week. It sucks because I love to play! He just let us know he can play Sunday NOT Saturday. Who the hell plays on a sunday? After a long week of work I want to rock out on a saturday night and have a beer or two. I guess I should be happy I'm playing at all this weekend.

I should say that I'm an older guy (40) so it aint easy finding cool people to play w/ let alone people that want to play 80's metal.

• Members

Man, to bad you weren't closer. Are current bass player dictates when we play. The drummer and I would like to play once a week (at least), but we end up playing once every other week. It sucks because I love to play! He just let us know he can play Sunday NOT Saturday. Who the hell plays on a sunday? After a long week of work I want to rock out on a saturday night and have a beer or two. I guess I should be happy I'm playing at all this weekend.

I should say that I'm an older guy (40) so it aint easy finding cool people to play w/ let alone people that want to play 80's metal.

I am 43 and love playing the old stuff. I dont know if that is necessarily 80's metal but Sabbath/ACDC/ Zep/Cream /Deep purple some metalica and GNR you know go old fahioned hard rock.

you know, we could rent a room at New music in Albany thats right in between us and Jam there.that goes with saying I am not very good but I try as best I can and have no ego issues... besides driving 8o miles to stink then back to think about it sucks..lol

I dont care about what day either. tuesday night thursday whatever. My wife has no problems with me running out to Jam once in a while and it is always cool to try it with different people.

PM me we'll trade emails and see what happens

Archived