Rondo, Musicyo... any more?

UK_Lefty

• Members

Guys although i live in the UK my two basses have come from Rondo and Musicyo. Got to say the service from both is incredible, the value for money exceptional too. Ok, the currency conversion has assisted but I was just wondering if there were any similar "value" webistes out there in the US that I don't know about yet?

The quality of my Korean made Kramer is amazing, I'm considering a Steinberger but the one i want in lefty only comes in 5 string when I want four :( Quality of my Rondo 6 string active bass is great considering the price.... but is there something more to compare to that?

I know about wishbass... I love that website. I'm preparing my desgin for them mentally in all those quiet moments at work...

Got to say in the US you have it easy with the prices of Fender, Musicman etc. REALLY cheap, half what you'd pay in the UK. You dont seem to get the same great deal on Warwick though unfortunately...

• Members

I would never publically admit to avoiding import duty... however if you'd like to PM me if thats possible here I may expand on that.

Import duty is a bit of a bind but its worth it considering the savings you make by buying from the US. I also have a brother in the US so I have had him buy me strings (5 string flats... too expensive here but great prices on samash.com) delivered to his address and posted on to me. I havent done this with a bass.

Also some retailers wont send certain brands outside the US. When working in Chicago last year Samash wouldn't take my English credit card even though I wanted delivery within the US.

For both the basses I've had bills of around

• Members

http://www.greatmusicproductsonline.com/index.htm

Excellent site! There are about 16 unique stringed instruemnts that I now have GAS for; from the Psaltry to the Oud.

I'm going to grab one in the next few months- leaning towards Turkish stringed instruments with a bow. One instrument I don't see- the gadulka- also turkish- beautiful siound- very emotive..:cry::)

• Members

As much as I hate Gibson, I have to agree that the quality of the MusicYo pseudo-Kramers is very, very good. I've played several (currently own two) and the fretwork has ranged from very good to excellent. For those prices, I really can't complain, although the "dual rail" and "quad rail" pickups are cheesy.

• Members

Was making the point that I know you can get cheap basses through wishbass. Sorry if I elaborated too much beyond that.

I believe BPP was referring to the fact that Wishbasses aren't generally regarded very well. At all.

Archived