Electronical gurus - 2 channel, bare-bones mixer?

mlwarriner

• Members

OK. Got an idea I'd like to build or have built or buy or something. Dunno if there's such an animal out there or not, so...

I want a 2-channel in, one channel out mixer. The in's need to be XLR, as does the out. I don't want or need EQ control on the channels, just volume. Would like to have individual volumes for each channel (for balanced blending of the signals) and one master out volume.

Ideally, I'd like it to be rack-mountable in three spaces or less.

Can this be done? does it need to be an active device, or can it be passive? Is this something that someone with mediocre soldering skills can pull off, or would I be better served to hire someone to do it? I've emailed Butch at Bayou cables, but putting the thought in front of the group as well. Is there anyone here capable and willing to do this for me? I'll pay for materials, and we can negotiate a reasonable price for your time...

Talk to me. PLease?

• Members

If all you need is a 2-channel device that will sum to stereo, then the Presonus MP-20 does that. Two mic preamps and you can run it as dual-mono or stereo not mono, but if you panned everything to let's say the left side and then only took the left channel out, same thing yes? It even has a balance control in stereo mode. Nothing much else though.

Looks like it's been recently discontinued.

http://www.presonus.com/mp20.html

• Members

If all you need is a 2-channel device that will sum to stereo, then the Presonus MP-20 does that. Two mic preamps and you can run it as dual-mono or stereo not mono, but if you panned everything to let's say the left side and then only took the left channel out, same thing yes? It even has a balance control in stereo mode. Nothing much else though.

Looks like it's been recently discontinued.

i'm really not looking to spend that kind of jack. hell, that's more than any one given part of my rig is worth...

Archived