OT: Sick as crap... others?

RSBro

• Members
They always tell you you can't get sick from a flu shot. Bull! I get sick at least 2 days each time. I don't get the shot and take my chances with the flu.

I realize that this is purely anecdotal, but the last time I got the flu was 1999...the last year I got a flu shot. :freak:

• Members
They always tell you you can't get sick from a flu shot. Bull! I get sick at least 2 days each time. I don't get the shot and take my chances with the flu.

Well, you also have to understand gestation periods of the virus. You may have already gotten the virus before you got any symptoms before the shot.

Also, if you hadn't had the shot before, your system DOES activate to fight out the foreign invader... namely the shot itself. You don't get the flu, but you feel a little under-the-weather.

Trust me, you don't want to take your chances with the actual flu. It kills over 30,000 people a year. If you get sick 2 days each time you get a shot that's nothing if you actually get the flu, we're talking you may be out of commission for weeks.

Not sure people understand what the flu actually does. They get a cold and think it's the flu so they think to themselves "meh, it's not so bad." Or they get a stomach virus that makes them throw-up...again, this isn't the flu. Influenza in severe cases causes pneumonia, which isn't something that's very fun.

But hey, if you don't want to take the shot, that's cool. The statistical number of deaths have to come from some where. And who knows, this may be the year of the next great pandemic. Last was the Hong Kong flu if I remember correctly...around 1969. Killed about a million people. We're due for another big one.

Have a nice day :D

• Members

I can't even remember the last time I got sick. I might get a suffed up head once in a long while, but that's about it. I do remember once a few years ago though, that my sinuses were kind of congested and I flew a trip to Vegas. By the time we landed my nose was bleeding and my ears were so blocked I couldn't even hear, and was in some huge pain. That sucked! Last time I ever thought about working with a stuffy head. Much better to stay at home, if you can get away with it.

• Members

This year I had the flu shot and then got semi sick the next two days. This is the first time that has happenned.

I tell all my people, do not come in if you are sick..do not pass go, just call me and let me know.

Dan

Archived