OT: Sick as crap... others?

RSBro

• Members

I feel awful, and yet I'm still at work... sucks.

I barely slept last night b/c of this fever, and I have a throat infection that's only getting worse. Prolly won't be able to talk by the end of the day.

Everyone I know is sick too. Crazy. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

• Members

I was sick for almost 3 weeks after getting the flu shot this year. I've never had that issue before..but let me tell you that it sucked. I'm still feeling a little crappy...but if I don;t come to work I'll be buried when I do come back...even if I miss one {censored}ing day. It sucks! The new guy that we just hired is never around when I need to show him something. This place is a "needs to be done right now" type of place, and he just strolls in whenever he feels like it. This morning we had to come in for 5am to do a hardware swap and he strolled in at 5:15...when I was already half done. How the {censored} am I supposed to train someone like that, when they never around to see me do the work? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

• Members

FINALLY kicking this cough. It's just been hanging on. No other symptoms.
:confused:
Just the cough and plenty of lung butter to go along with it.

Same here. Sinus' have been packed for over 3 weeks, coughing up lung biscuits, and throat like sandpaper. Antibiotics did nothing but give me nosebleeds... Man, my body needs to either get healthy or die... I hate the middle ground.

• Members

I'm sick. I'm just chilling in my room with the lights off, a bag of cough drops and a gallon of water.

I would be, except like GG, I really can't miss a day right now. Plus I'm prolly gonna be gone Friday anyhow... ugh.

• Members

Reminds me of that old joke:

Doctor: Rastus, you looks awful.

Rastus: But I feelz good.

Doctor: Well, let me look in my doctor book. Here we go, looks good feels good - no that's not it (flips pages) ahhh, feels good looks awful -- why, Rastus, according to this book, youz a vagina.

It's getting to be the bug season, and even though everyone says that it's better to stay home, no one likes to use up their sick days, or there's pressure from employers, who are running things thin the way it is, to not miss any work unless it's planned. In the end, even the companies suffer from reduced productivity.

• Members

I barely slept last night b/c of this fever, and I have a throat infection that's only getting worse. Prolly won't be able to talk by the end of the day.

well one of my staff is at the post office sending you something to make you happy:wave:

• Members

If you're sick and with a fever DON'T GO TO WORK.

What is with you people? No, this doesn't make everyone thing "Wow, look at Bob, he sure is a hard working and dedicated, he came to work sick as a dog". No, you're just a petri-dish filled with virus. You're job can get along without you. The entire organization will continue to function.

But what you WILL do is get other sick and that would equal lost productivity. I send people home when they're sick, reprimand them for coming into work sick and jeapordizing everyone else. You get no marks from me for "being a trooper and coming in sick". In fact, you get negative marks. :mad:

Don't piss me off! :mad:

P.S. You sound like you may have strep-throat RSB...get it checked out pronto if you haven't already.

• Members

If you're sick and with a fever DON'T GO TO WORK.

What is with you people? No, this doesn't make everyone thing "Wow, look at Bob, he sure is a hard working and dedicated, he came to work sick as a dog". No, you're just a petri-dish filled with virus. You're job can get along without you. The entire organization will continue to function.

But what you WILL do is get other sick and that would equal lost productivity. I send people home when they're sick, reprimand them for coming into work sick and jeapordizing everyone else. You get no marks from me for "being a trooper and coming in sick". In fact, you get negative marks.
:mad:

Don't piss me off!
:mad:

P.S. You sound like you may have strep-throat RSB...get it checked out pronto if you haven't already.

I don't have much choice. :( Like I said I might be gone Friday and I have too much to do. Luckily my new office is kind of off by itself, so I'm not really around many people.

And yeah, I'm going to get it checked out tomorrow if I'm not better. My bro had strep last week and it was pretty bad.

• Members

And yeah, I'm going to get it checked out tomorrow if I'm not better. My bro had strep last week and it was pretty bad.

Strep has started to go around here, got a note from my daughter's teacher. Hopefully we'll be able to avoid it and, when I say "we", I mean me. :p

Hope you feel better bro, being sick at work sucks.

• Members

I don't have much choice.
:(
Like I said I might be gone Friday and I have too much to do. Luckily my new office is kind of off by itself, so I'm not really around many people.

Strep isn't something you want to mess around with as it can turn into Rheumatic fever and put scar-tissue around your heart valves.

Anti-biotics take care of it pretty quickly, and please do us all a favor and take all of your anti-biotics for the duration of the prescription. We have enough antibiotic resistant bugs out there already. :lol:

Hope you feel better.

• Members

I was sick for almost 3 weeks after getting the flu shot this year. I've never had that issue before..but let me tell you that it sucked. I'm still feeling a little crappy...but if I don;t come to work I'll be buried when I do come back...even if I miss one {censored}ing day. It sucks! The new guy that we just hired is never around when I need to show him something. This place is a "needs to be done right now" type of place, and he just strolls in whenever he feels like it. This morning we had to come in for 5am to do a hardware swap and he strolled in at 5:15...when I was already half done. How the {censored} am I supposed to train someone like that, when they never around to see me do the work? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

They always tell you you can't get sick from a flu shot. Bull! I get sick at least 2 days each time. I don't get the shot and take my chances with the flu.

Archived