Can you point me out some good cabs?

Poltergeist

• Members

im putting a band together, im not a gigging player yet... still studying... still very young
:p

What do you have now?

You could invest in a decent combo(Peavey TNT, Ampeg 100R) that will get the job done and be a nice backup years down the road.

That way when your ready to upgrade your rig, you can take your time and do it right.

What's your overall budget(head/cab)?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you have now?

You could invest in a decent combo(Peavey TNT, Ampeg 100R) that will get the job done and be a nice backup years down the road.

That way when your ready to upgrade your rig, you can take your time and do it right.

What's your overall budget(head/cab)?

i want a head and a cab... i want something good... something that i can rely on for my life, you know... i dont need that much power... but i want it... i want it to be able to say: this is it, i dont need anything more then this... God willing, i will need more then that, but not for a long long long time!

i already have a 100W combo, and i cant get the sounds i want out of it no matter how... i want a head and a cab really...

im not sure yet about my budget, but it'll be around 1100

• Members

i want a head and a cab... i want something good... something that i can rely on for my life, you know... i dont need that much power... but i want it... i want it to be able to say: this is it, i dont need anything more then this... God willing, i will need more then that, but not for a long long long time!

i already have a 100W combo, and i cant get the sounds i want out of it no matter how... i want a head and a cab really...

im not sure yet about my budget, but it'll be around 1100

• Members

im not gonna buy crap, no matter what i buy... i know what kinda sound i want... i was looking into the GK RBH and Neos and also the Eden Nemesis... i'll see what money i have in christmas... hope i cant get a job 'till then...

its not a question of power, its a question of quality, dude... i have a 100 combo, yeah, for practicing alone and with guitarists is enough.... even a band at a small gig, but it just doesnt cut it for me you know? the sound is not my sound... i dont feel much pleasure playing through it...

i really want a GK 1001RBII head... i love them to death...

• Members

i cant find stuff second hand in europe man.... do you know of any good places to do it?

I just trawl ebay and basschat.co.uk, ofc you arn't based in the UK but we do have a couple of people from portugal (that's where your from right?).

I don't really post on basschat, much prefer it here.

• Members

im not gonna buy crap, no matter what i buy... i know what kinda sound i want... i was looking into the GK RBH and Neos and also the Eden Nemesis... i'll see what money i have in christmas... hope i cant get a job 'till then...

its not a question of power, its a question of quality, dude... i have a 100 combo, yeah, for practicing alone and with guitarists is enough.... even a band at a small gig, but it just doesnt cut it for me you know? the sound is not my sound... i dont feel much pleasure playing through it...

i really want a GK 1001RBII head... i love them to death...

If you KNOW you want that 1001 head, just get it. That way, you can take it along with your bass to try out cabs and cab configurations. Gig with your combo 'til you have the $$ to get exactly what you want. Take your time. Be patient. It'll be worth it. I head like the 1001 can go to the grave w/you if you give it proper tender loving care. When I mention Eden, I'm talking 'real' Edens; not Nemesis. If you want inexpensive cabs, look no furthur than Peavey. If you want special cabs, $ave up for 'em. Not only is it worthy, and your head deserving of it, but for cryin' out loud, it's only a few extra months of gigging income bro! ;)

• Members

Ashdown have a crap re-sale value, you should be able to pick one up for a good price.

If you KNOW you want that 1001 head, just get it. That way, you can take it along with your bass to try out cabs and cab configurations. Gig with your combo 'til you have the $$ to get exactly what you want. Take your time. Be patient. It'll be worth it. I head like the 1001 can go to the grave w/you if you give it proper tender loving care. When I mention Eden, I'm talking 'real' Edens; not Nemesis. If you want inexpensive cabs, look no furthur than Peavey. If you want special cabs, $ave up for 'em. Not only is it worthy, and your head deserving of it, but for cryin' out loud, it's only a few extra months of gigging income bro!
;)

+111

Because i'm going to find you and strangle you with one of lavamans cables if you keep banging on about that GK1001RB, when you don't even own one :mad:

• Members

If you KNOW you want that 1001 head, just get it. That way, you can take it along with your bass to try out cabs and cab configurations. Gig with your combo 'til you have the $$ to get exactly what you want. Take your time. Be patient. It'll be worth it. I head like the 1001 can go to the grave w/you if you give it proper tender loving care. When I mention Eden, I'm talking 'real' Edens; not Nemesis. If you want inexpensive cabs, look no furthur than Peavey. If you want special cabs, $ave up for 'em. Not only is it worthy, and your head deserving of it, but for cryin' out loud, it's only a few extra months of gigging income bro!
;)

Werd on the Peavys', too. If you can find some nice ones that are Black Widow loaded, you'll be rockin' in no time. They're a little dark for me, but look at the gear James Hart rocks, and he uses TWO 1820 cabs!

But yeah. Save up, and buy your dream. You lose too much money on the try and buy and sell thing. TRUST me! ;)

• Members

;)

whats wrong with the Eden nemesis cabs?

im sure i want that head... and i also know what cab i want... but i cant afford it, so i wanna buy something not too expensive and good 'till im able to afford it, but not something i will sell after i can afford what i really want, a keeper... im gonna buy a 2x10 mostly for sure, because its something i really really want, i love the sound of it and i love the portability of it... maybe im going for that RBH this christmas if i have enough money... who knows...

• Members

ok, ive heard great things about them... their price is really good and they are relatively lightweight and stuff...

but the RBH are such great great cabs... i love them... for what they are, theyre not expensive (i wanted a 410), its just that i cant afford them... if i lived in america, with this money i'd buy the 410RHB and the head and still have money left for pedals and stuff... its horrible :(

• Members

ok, ive heard great things about them... their price is really good and they are relatively lightweight and stuff...

but the RBH are such great great cabs... i love them... for what they are, theyre not expensive (i wanted a 410), its just that i cant afford them... if i lived in america, with this money i'd buy the 410RHB and the head and still have money left for pedals and stuff... its horrible
:(

GK's RBH cabs are probably the most under rated cabs out there. Well worth the money and you will get the tone to die for with it. My problem with buying something as standby until you can afford what you want, is that you lose money on it. I would find the cheapest cab out there that will hold you over if you are going to do it that way..that way you don't lose much.

Dan

• Members

but a 210 RBH is something ive wanted for a long long time... i also want a 410RBH... that would be like... my perfect combo, you know?... only thing that would beat that, to me, would be the old Mesa 8x10 Roadready cabs....

if i can afford the GK that i will buy one... if i cant... i'll just buy a peavey 210 or something like that, or try to borrow one from someone in here...

Archived