Can you point me out some good cabs?

Poltergeist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like I always say...I prefer Aguilar and Mesa cabs. Both are very good at reproducing the full range of the bass. They are also very clear...not muddy.

As for GK cabs, I'm not a fan of the Goldline, but the Neo and RBH are nice.

I'm also not a fan of Hartke, but you might want to look into their newest cabs. They have a hybrid speaker...half aluminum half paper...and they're designed to get a "clear, bright, bell-like tone, that still fills bottom" so said Stu Hamm at his clinic.

Wait...you said that...

• Members

My advice would be to look through the classified ads here and on talkbass to see if you can get someone to ship to you. You'll end up with a better cab in the end.

Otherwise, head to the store (if there is one) and try out whatever you can.

What stuff is available over there?

• Members

In my experience, Eden cabs match up VERY well with GK heads...especially their 2x10 cabs.

You cannot go wrong with Peavey's new Tour Series cabs. I played thru the 2x10 & 1x15 stack, and the 2x10 alone. VERY impressive. Would be an excellent match with GK's heads.

If you want something totally different, Aguilar's 1x12 cab is quite the bang for buck and one of my favorite cabs overall.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for SWR's Professional Series. I'm not sure their tens would be an ideal match for a GK head...for some reason. :p They pair up REAL well with an all tube head for my tastes tho.

In the EU, I'd give serious consideration to Trace's cabs. Always loved them too.

• Members

a head, maybe... a cab is a {censored}LOAD of money to get shipped... also, the power system is not the same in america and in europe... so i cant really use your heads...

You might want to do some mixing and matching to get the sound you're describing. Have you considered a 2x10 with a 1x15?

Some people are really fond of Markbass, so you might want to give them a shot. I'm a big SWR fan personally.

the markbass heads have very very warm sounds to them, therye awesome, but they just dont cut it for me...

i was thinking of buying a 4x10 + a 2x10 actually... im willing to sacrifice low-end to get the tones i want...

• Members

In my experience, Eden cabs match up VERY well with GK heads...especially their 2x10 cabs.

You cannot go wrong with Peavey's new Tour Series cabs. I played thru the 2x10 & 1x15 stack, and the 2x10 alone. VERY impressive. Would be an excellent match with GK's heads.

If you want something totally different, Aguilar's 1x12 cab is quite the bang for buck and one of my favorite cabs overall.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for SWR's Professional Series. I'm not sure their tens would be an ideal match for a GK head...for some reason.
:p
They pair up REAL well with an all tube head for my tastes tho.

In the EU, I'd give serious consideration to Trace's cabs. Always loved them too.

all you said, except for peavey is too expensive for me... i'll check out the peavey 2x10's, though... thanks!

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw10_artikel-149169.html

were these the ones you tried? describe their sound to me please?

• Members
  • Members

i want more then a cab, and i wanted that RBH... but its just too expensive, especially for a single 2x10... i'll have to go and work alot next summer to buy something amazingly good like that.... i guess i'll just have to get something cheaper now, but i want something good, something i want to keep, and then add something even better....

• Members

all you said, except for peavey is too expensive for me... i'll check out the peavey 2x10's, though... thanks!

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw10_artikel-149169.html

were these the ones you tried? describe their sound to me please?

The Peavey's I'm referring to are their new Tour Series. Back in the day('93), I bought a Peavey 210TX 2x10 new in the box and rocked it for years with a GK400RB. It was a most smokin' setup too. I have all the faith that the newer TVX series will do the job admirably...but you gotta hear the Tour series. :thu:

Bro, we're not talking a lot of $$ here. Do a few more gigs and see what you've got to work with. If your a halfway decent player or working in a halfway decent band, you'll have more than enough to get the right cab within a few months of saving your gig $$.

• Members

The Peavey's I'm referring to are their new Tour Series. Back in the day('93), I bought a Peavey 210TX 2x10 new in the box and rocked it for years with a GK400RB. It was a most smokin' setup too. I have all the faith that the newer TVX series will do the job admirably...but you gotta hear the Tour series.
:thu:

Bro, we're not talking a lot of $$ here. Do a few more gigs and see what you've got to work with. If your a halfway decent player or working in a halfway decent band, you'll have more than enough to get the right cab within a few months of saving your gig $$.

im putting a band together, im not a gigging player yet... still studying... still very young :p

Archived