how does one become an endorsee?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Become famous enough that a company would benefit from being associated with you for marketing purposes?

I guess you might be able to nab a few free plectrums if you wear a sandwich board advertising a local music shop onstage....

• Members

i dont use plectrums

Well, my point was that unless you've got some fame or marketing power behind you, your not likely to get anything worth much.

You could try blackmail though, that's good for getting free things. Or threats, mafia style. :thu:

• Members

I guess an endorsement from a pick company is pretty much out then.

i could always have a pile of them sitting around for when my guitard friend forgets his.

i could say i only use (insert pick company name/ trademarked pick) when i play with a pick:idea:

they dont know i never use a pick:lol:

• Members

I have a Dean Markley (Blue Steel) Bass string endorsement but it really don't mean much. I don't get strings free, but I do be a set of 5 for about $18. I'm supposed to show their logo on my equipment (I do on most of my stuff) and I've done 2 local clinics pretty much plugging the Blue Steels throughout most of the clinic.

Now get to Victor Wooten's or Geddy Lee's status and THEN you'll see some free stuff thrown at ya!!!!:thu:

Mr. Matt

• Members

I have a Dean Markley (Blue Steel) Bass string endorsement but it really don't mean much. I don't get strings free, but I do be a set of 5 for about $18. I'm supposed to show their logo on my equipment (I do on most of my stuff) and I've done 2 local clinics pretty much plugging the Blue Steels throughout most of the clinic.

Now get to Victor Wooten's or Geddy Lee's status and THEN you'll see some free stuff thrown at ya!!!!
:thu:

Mr. Matt

id better start practicing bass and my falsetto voice

• Members

Now get to Victor Wooten's or Geddy Lee's status and THEN you'll see some free stuff thrown at ya!!!!
:thu:

Mr. Matt

do you wanna buy and ship me some sets of those at that price?

• Members

do you wanna buy and ship me some sets of those at that price?

It's kind of funny how I came about this endorsement. I've been trying to get Dean Markley to get the Blue Steel's in a 6 string set. They replied, "we're thinking about it" and pretty much asked if I'd like to get their 5 string sets at a discounted price, and meanwhile promote them occasionally. I told them hell yes, thinking to myself that they'd have a 6 string set out on the market soon. Well, here we are 6 years later and still no 6 string Cryogenic strings from them. I can't complain about the price I've been getting for the 5's, but it's kind of a hassle to get a 5 string set and purchase a stray C string to go along with them. I guess I should switch to a 5 string bass, but I'm already spoiled on the 6 string basses!! Well, until that happens, I've been getting the Elixir strings-and I go through a guy who has an endorsement so I get 6 string Elixirs for $31 !!! The first set I used lasted 13 months and stayed bright sounding the entire time. I'm not sure if I'm going back to Blue Steel-depends on the availability of these Elixirs and if their product stays consistent.

sorry for the 3 page book response, ;)

Mr. Matt

• Members

One of my bands (Ghostowne) is sponsored by Knucklehead Strings. We get all the free strings we need. I still usually buy the elixir strings though. We are also sponsored by Joe's Guitars, but I'm not exactly sure what we get from him. :confused: The singer is sponsored by Fender Pro-Audio. He just gets really good deals on equipment. Nothing for free there.

Before I joined the band they were sponsored by Budweiser.

Archived