When can we expect the Genz Benz all Tube head?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

GB guys, got a rough time frame for the release of this amp?

I'm very interested, I want to upgrade to a higher power amp. This one would definitely be in the running.

TJF, you see there is a GB600 in Qld for sale on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GBE-600-Bass-Amp_W0QQitemZ110185215546QQihZ001QQcategoryZ58718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

Hey TJF,

How did you fellas go with that radio contest to support Silverfish & Powdernostril? Did you get a gernsy?

You Sydney folk are a strange breed.

:D We were winning in the beginning, but then we got overtaken by another band. All four of them are at the local Uni. :D

We've got an interview going on the radio on the weekend though, and have made it through two semi finals, and into grand final for battle of the bands. So things are going good.

• Members

On a GB related note, I just talked to somebody in the know (what a corny phrase) and the amp coming out to replace the Neo-pack is supposed to be extremely impressive.

I need a little amp, so I am excited to see what it is.

Well, I'm hoping this will be an affordable alternative to an SVT CL, obviously it won't sound much the same, but I'm sure it could get close. And GB is alot more affordable than Ampeg.

• Members

Because I have no moneys, Father.

You Sydney folk are a strange breed.

:D
We were winning in the beginning, but then we got overtaken by another band. All four of them are at the local Uni.

We've got an interview going on the radio on the weekend though, and have made it through two semi finals, and into grand final for battle of the bands. So things are going good.

Well done mate! :thu:

BTW - what area are your from? Gong? :confused:

• Moderators

On a GB related note, I just talked to somebody in the know (what a corny phrase) and the amp coming out to replace the Neo-pack is supposed to be extremely impressive.

I need a little amp, so I am excited to see what it is.

The details were posted here and on Talkbass just a few days ago.

• Members

Well, I'm hoping this will be an affordable alternative to an SVT CL, obviously it won't sound much the same, but I'm sure it could get close. And GB is alot more affordable than Ampeg.

well, I don't want to dash your enthusiasm for our product (which I sincerely am thankful for) but don't count on it being cheaper then an SVT CL.

We never attempt to build the most affordable or cheapest; we strive to build the best we can. THEN, we look at a market analysis to think if we can sell it based on our cost involved. Sometimes we have a market price advantage, sometimes we don't.

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant but I don't strive for "I bought a GB because I couldn't afford the one I really wanted".

• Members

well, I don't want to dash your enthusiasm for our product (which I sincerely am thankful for) but don't count on it being cheaper then an SVT CL.

We never attempt to build the most affordable or cheapest; we strive to build the best we can. THEN, we look at a market analysis to think if we can sell it based on our cost involved. Sometimes we have a market price advantage, sometimes we don't.

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant but I don't strive for "I bought a GB because I couldn't afford the one I really wanted".

I think he means judging on your past prices vs value, GB have been kicking ass over Ampeg, as they tend to be way overpriced for what you get.

I'm definitely waiting with bated breath for the all tube GB too. Those new GB Uber cabs look frikking awesome. Is there going to be a 610 version?

• Members

I think he means judging on your past prices vs value, GB have been kicking ass over Ampeg, as they tend to be way overpriced for what you get.

I'm definitely waiting with bated breath for the all tube GB too. Those new GB Uber cabs look frikking awesome. Is there going to be a 610 version?

What he said. :D

Oh and Grunt, I am indeed from the land of the Power Puff Girls, Townsville, Nth QLD.

• Members

I never really though that GB was in the "Cheap" category. I mean the 1200 is 1300 bucks and the 750 is a grand...that's comparable to other companies right? Of course they are a kickass product but not a bang or the buck kind of deal I don't think.

Dan

• Members
I never really though that GB was in the "Cheap" category. I mean the 1200 is 1300 bucks and the 750 is a grand...that's comparable to other companies right? Of course they are a kickass product but not a bang or the buck kind of deal I don't think.

Dan

Don't forget we're in Australia. GB gear is not in the "Cheap" catagory at all, that's a special catagory for brand like Behringer.GB gear is affordable, good value for money, whereas Ampeg is way overpriced.a 1200 here is AUD$2250, the 750 is AUD$1620.

• Members

Don't forget we're in Australia. GB gear is not in the "Cheap" catagory at all, that's a special catagory for brand like Behringer.

GB gear is affordable, good value for money, whereas Ampeg is way overpriced.

a 1200 here is AUD$2250, the 750 is AUD$1620.

OK I gotcha.

Dan

• Members

Sorry if that's how it sounded, not what I intended to put across. An Ampeg CL over here is AUD$5000.
:eek:
Not worth it imo.

+1

What he said.

Oh and Grunt, I am indeed from the land of the Power Puff Girls, Townsville, Nth QLD.

oh man...no apology necessary. I didnt' take offense...I was just clarifying our "brand positioning statement". I apologize for slipping into my marketing suit.

• Members

Don't forget we're in Australia. GB gear is not in the "Cheap" catagory at all, that's a special catagory for brand like Behringer.

GB gear is affordable, good value for money, whereas Ampeg is way overpriced.

a 1200 here is AUD$2250, the 750 is AUD$1620.

What ToeJam is saying is that while GB gear over here is worth that much, Ampeg (and other) gear is priced significantly higher

An SVT1000 (similar power rating to the 1200) retails at $3145.00. An Ampeg 810 fridge retails at 2700. One of the best dealers over here is Billy Hyde, check the prices.

Lets not even get into Mesa gear either, the Bass 400+ retails @ $4395, the Big Block is $4195. And not many stores stock the same brands, so theres bugger all competition to force prices down.

So for us Aussies, GB's are very very well priced for what you get. I was not prepared to fork out $3k+ for a head. You can see why we're saying what we're saying :)

Don't worry hasbeen, all is forgiven ;) I constantly give thanks to you guys for making my amp every day :p

• Members

I have been talking to a friend of mine who makes admittably very pricey boutique amps. He's talking about doing a really nice 80w all tube combo with a 15 or 12 - sort of a modern version of the venerable fliptop with better EQ, nice direct outs and stuff - he can't figure out how to do it for less than $2500. It costs a lot to build a quality amplifier, I think GBs proposed pricing is great. The price of copper has gone up 30% in the year and a half...transformers cost more, etc. If you want cheap, buy cheap, but really a good amp is a lifetime investment - if you want something that will serve you well for a long time, it's worth paying for.

Archived