Stage I of my SX mods are done

Robin

• Members

I eventually want a bass with all black hardware. But the only way I would do it is if I could find black fret wire. Dark sunburst and maple with black everything!

there was the Lane Poor bass that had "stepped epoxy" frets they were black "frets"remember that bass ? The Warwicks frets almost go black from oxidation :p

• Members

Jazzy even puts a disclaimer in his signature that 1/3 of the time he's bs. I thought it was funny.
:idk:

Robin - I forget if we discussed shielding. Did you go with the paint?

That is a sweet looking bass.
:thu:

Thanks man, and for your tips too!

With respect to J's comment, I apologize for being quick to assume he was just another elitist ready to pounce on someone for enjoying their SX.

Staying within my realm of frugality K, I went with the tape. It worked out pretty good. I "tied" the cavities together and metered everything. Also had to massage some to get the tone pot in. No biggie though.

Got so excited after my test run (everything worked perfectly :eek:), I looked down and forgot to add the lock washers for the pots. :o:mad: Fixed that. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfessor

I really like the red and black!

:thu: That's a good look Perfessor!

xbassman That's a nice looking ax!

How the neck feel? Similar to a J, or is it chunky like a P neck?

I wanna say closer to a Jazz than a P but, honestly, it's been so long since I've played either, I can't remember. Feels great to me though.

The last P and J owner I worked with (mixing) was a lefty, felt pretty weird trying to play that. :D

• Members

That's a beauty....I wanted to get a PJ when I bought my sx but I waited for a few months and then went ahead and got my P....

It is a great guitar....like yours, I put on a Gotoh and new pots...I was going to replace the machines but decided they were adequate...I love that thing and it was my main axe until I got my Lakland....

looking forward to seeing the finished product....:thu:

Archived