Schecter CV-4?

dert_stylus

• Members

I have a C4 and have played both. I liked the C4 better thats why I bought it . Pros and cons Lets start with the cons the bridge is a bitch to set the intonation on The pickups but if you can live with EMG HZ or get used to them other than that there are no cons pros great workmanship,fast neck,nice electronics (other than possibly the pickups),beautiful finnish, nice fretts, great price.For the money you can't do much better Schecter makes some very good instruments JMO.

• Members

those are nice looking basses...

excpet for that fofugly headstock

Yeah they could've done better, no doubt. But the rest of the bass, and the feel of it, more than makes up for it! Hmm, now I don't know whether to get this or an L2k...

• Members

The Seymour Duncan pups in the CV-4 are far better IMO than the EMG-Hz pups in the C4. The pups in the CV-4 say Duncan Designed, and I wanted to upgrade, and when I called Seymour Duncan to order the real ones, they said that the only difference was the plastic cover. The insides are exactly the same.

Much more tonal possibilities with the CV-4. The J sounds awesome, the HUGE humbucker has a coil-tap or mid control or something like that. The C4 humbuckers have no such tone shaping possibilities. If their sound is what you want, then you wouldn't need to change.

And the new ones look horrid with that fugly headstock and goofy pickguard.

• Members

Oh, I forgot to mention. The CV-4 is the most durable bass I've ever seen. I have tossed mine off the stage into the audience, Thrown it across the stage, dropped it, kicked it, stood on it, tried to smash my amp with it, stuck the neck into a ceiling fan (accidentally), broke the tuning pegs on my singers' shins, and it never even went out of tune. It only has a few nicks and scratches.

I never did any of that on purpose or planned on it, but you all know the feeling of invincibility when yer on stage rockin, sometimes strange things happen.

• Members

The Seymour Duncan pups in the CV-4 are far better IMO than the EMG-Hz pups in the C4. The pups in the CV-4 say Duncan Designed, and I wanted to upgrade, and when I called Seymour Duncan to order the
real
ones, they said that the only difference was the plastic cover. The insides are exactly the same.

Much more tonal possibilities with the CV-4. The J sounds awesome, the HUGE humbucker has a coil-tap or mid control or something like that. The C4 humbuckers have no such tone shaping possibilities. If their sound is what you want, then you wouldn't need to change.

And the new ones look horrid with that fugly headstock and goofy pickguard.

Well maybe if greedy jerkoffs like you didn't keep all the old CV-4's we wouldn't have to buy new ones. Share the love or buzz off :mad:

:D

• Members

controls are super-sensitive (I have the white cv-4 pictured above). Took me a while to figure out the pre-amp... can't just pick it up and boost/scoop/boost with the cv-4, you have carefully dial in your tone (moreso than my other basses).

Archived