Schecter CV-4?

dert_stylus

• Members

someone mentioned the fugly headstocks from the pics - mine (I was told when I bought it) is a prototype. Don't think there's too many whitey's out there... I know the models MF was selling last year had a different headstock - dunno if the pics are 'prototypes' or old models, whatever...

• Members

...as long as it's a CV-4 thread, I have a question for other owners - have you replaced the plastic nut? I'd like to put a brass nut in there, but I haven't sized it - wondering if there's an off-the-shelf replacement I could find...

• Members

...as long as it's a CV-4 thread, I have a question for other owners - have you replaced the plastic nut? I'd like to put a brass nut in there, but I haven't sized it - wondering if there's an off-the-shelf replacement I could find...

I have not replaced the nut. I need to file down the slots to lower the action, and I might replace it then. I think with any nut, you would just buy a blank and then file it down to fit your bass. Much better in the end that way.

• Members

I own a CV4 and have played basically every bass Schecter sells on the mass market (e.g. in Guitar center).

CV-4 is by far the best bass they make in the 300-700.00 bracket. The H/J combo is amazing, the preamp rules (amazing variety in tone). Could use an 18v conversion though.

The thing really screams to have a graphite neck put on it. I imagine I will put a Moses on mine eventually.

I paid 350 for mine shipped with a hardcase and got a lot of playtime out of it , still use it occasionally. It's in need of a new input jack right now or I'd be using it more - just lazy about fixing it :)

• Members

Mine was one of the older ones without the stingrayish looking pickguard and with the other headstock (like the deleo). It was a vert nice bass, and I got it on ebay for $125 as a NAMM demo when they first came out.

Traded it for 2 Aggy 112 cabs. ;)

• Members
Mine was one of the older ones without the stingrayish looking pickguard and with the other headstock (like the deleo). It was a vert nice bass, and I got it on ebay for $125 as a NAMM demo when they first came out.

Traded it for 2 Aggy 112 cabs.
;)

nice trade !!!:thu:

Archived