The SWR 4x12 surprised me last night...

Apendecto

• Members

I had a band audition last night and was debating over taking the 8x8 or the 4x12. I tried both of them out in my basement before I went, both clean and overdriven. The 4x12 just smokes. I am a regular 8x8 endorser but the 12's just might take the cake. If you have a chance to try out this cab, you won't be disappointed.

Yo.

• Members

:thu:

I know exactly what you're talking about. In a band situation, that cab is just perfectly voiced. It really kills me that no one ever looked at those cabs when they were still in production, because I KNOW that if the word got out they'd have sold a lot of them. Glad to hear you finally came to your senses and left the 8's at home in favor of the 12's.:p

• Members

:thu:

I know exactly what you're talking about. In a band situation, that cab is just perfectly voiced. It really kills me that no one ever looked at those cabs when they were still in production, because I KNOW that if the word got out they'd have sold a lot of them. Glad to hear you finally came to your senses and left the 8's at home in favor of the 12's.
:p

I still have a lot of love for the 8's and I'll have to give it another go. Sometimes your rig sounds different on different days for whatever reason. Every time I play though it though, I think of your rig and how I should top it off with two more 12's... :D

Yo.

• Members

I still have a lot of love for the 8's and I'll have to give it another go. Sometimes your rig sounds different on different days for whatever reason. Every time I play though it though, I think of your rig and how I should top it off with two more 12's...
:D

Yo.

What, this little 'ol thing?:p

rig1a.JPG

:evil:

• Members

Uggg...

Go read your sig again.

Yo.

:D

Actually you hit one nail on the head about these cabs, heavy driven bass sounds fantastic through them. You can tell that SWR designed these cabs for heavy rock, and they are the best at it. Oh yeah, having an extra two up top makes a HUGE difference too.:cool:

Archived