I think Johnny Depp used Lug as an inspiration!!!

Funkee1

• Members

If you look at the cover of last weeks Entertainment Weekly, and look at the cover photo, Jonny Depp, as Sweeney Todd, the demon Barber of Fleet street, looks amazingly, chillingly similar to our own beloved Lug!!!

SweeneyTodd.jpg

I tried to find the EW pic, but couldn't..........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

great actor. huge douchebag of a person.

how can someone hate amearica when they are more less the ones putting most of the money in his bank.

He's part of Hollywood, which means, to them at least, that hypocrisy is not only accepted but encouraged.

• Moderators

great actor. huge douchebag of a person.

how can someone hate amearica when they are more less the ones putting most of the money in his bank.

It's based on a fundamental lack of understanding of how things work. The most outspoken and passionate people on a given subject are typically the ones that are incapable of understanding the processes at work. It is common to all subject matters.

• Members

he was born in the US correct? he got famous on US sitcoms before doing US produced small budget movies. then he decides to live in france, get hitched to a french chick and has made statements that he does not want his children to grow up with american values and the like. what a tool.

• Members

how dare he have his own opinions? surely he knows the cardinal american virtue is conformity to someone elses view of how you should think....

i don't even know what this guy thinks...but the posts in this thread are far scarier than anything he espouses i'm sure...

• Members

how dare he have his own opinions? surely he knows the cardinal american virtue is conformity to someone elses view of how you should think....

i don't even know what this guy thinks...but the posts in this thread are far scarier than anything he espouses i'm sure...

How can you be so sure if you admitedly "don't even know what this guy thinks". He may be trying to reincarnate Hitler for all you know! :mad:

• Moderators

not aware that i do...but conformity is not my view of what we are all about...sadly, it is the view of some

I am not a number, I am a free man.

I'm with you on that. My point was not to give a conformist opinion, just an explanation of why that particular person is outspoken. My personal belief is there is no such thing as American Values and values are not primarily determined by geographic location.

• Members

21 Jump street was filmed in Canada.... not that it matters. I'm just talking to hear my own voice. (and yes I do talk out loud while I type)

Do you say a word after you've typed it or do you say each letter? Or do you wait until you've typed a whole sentence before saying it out loud? Or do you say it out loud beforehand?

• Members

People are free to have all the opinions they want. But if there actions are contrary to their opinions, I am free to call them a hypocrite all I want.

I love America.

• Members

People are free to have all the opinions they want. But if there actions are contrary to their opinions, I am free to call them a hypocrite all I want.

I love America.

maybe i don't know what he's said vs. done...what makes him a hypocrite?

• Members

Do you say a word after you've typed it or do you say each letter? Or do you wait until you've typed a whole sentence before saying it out loud? Or do you say it out loud beforehand?

I say the word while I type it. I guess it's kind of like playing and singing at the same time really.

• Members

so, by the same token, no-one (in the whole world, essentially) has the right to criticize china, right? just trying to get it straight...

I don't profit off of China.

And when I choose to voice a firm opinion on something, I make sure that my actions follow that opinion.

It can be narrowed down more, though, if you prefer. To say "I'm not a fan of America", but then make money from American's is not something I would consider hypocritical. To point to a specific aspect of the American culture "I don't like how American's flock to pop movies and ignore the more artistic ones" but then willfully profit/make your living off the same phenomenom is something I consider hypocritical.

Archived