I think Johnny Depp used Lug as an inspiration!!!

Funkee1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I agree.

It's like hating the big corporation because its stockholders become rich off the backs of the poor.

Or Clarence Thomas being hated and deemed hypocritical for being an Uncle Tom; leaving his race behind after he goes to an Ivy League College.

Hell, I could care less if Depp is living in Bum{censored} Egypt. I just hope he never comes back here. Good riddance to he and his family.
:thu:

Some of his movies are OK but some are {censored}. My $0.02 :poke:

What did Depp say?:confused:

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by collinwho

Whereas in the Depp situation, he directly profits from that which he criticizes.

Again, where can we find Depp's criticisms of those who directly generate his profits?

Here I did slip up and actually use Depp's name. I'm not going to edit the post because that only confuses the discussion. I am going to clarify that the intent of my comment, and the base of my argument in general was that hypocrisy is common in Hollywood (see "Green" awards shows that stars fly private jets to), because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if Depp does say hypocritical things, but I have no actual evidence.

• Members

Criticizing the "american lifestyle" while also living off of it is quite hypocritical.

No, that's not hypocritical at all, it's just opportunistic, taking advantage of people he disagrees with. It'd be hypocritical if he was criticizing it while secretly living like an American (which he apparently does not do). Now, you could maybe make an argument that he's not being very appreciative of the fine lifestyle afforded to him by those leading a lifestyle he criticizes, but that's got nothing to do with being hypocritical. So the worst you've got him on is maybe being ungrateful, that's not the same thing.

• Members

No, that's not hypocritical at all, it's just opportunistic, taking advantage of people he disagrees with. It'd be hypocritical if he was criticizing it while secretly living like an American (which he apparently does not do). Now, you could maybe make an argument that he's not being very appreciative of the fine lifestyle afforded to him by those leading a lifestyle he criticizes, but that's got nothing to do with being hypocritical. So the worst you've got him on is maybe being ungrateful, that's not the same thing.

That depends a lot on the definition of hypocrite that you use. It fits within mine, maybe it doesn't within yours.

• Members

Unless someone can prove otherwise, Depp has not criticized the "american lifestyle."

I guess if you repeat something often enough...:rolleyes:

• Members

I thought you said you were done by post 4500.

This thread doesn't count. It has a joke about how much Lug looks like Johnny Depp, but there are no Lug pictures to compare. Then it goes off on how much Collinwho hates China. Really, I could post about how the nail polish is drying on my toenails and I'd be about as constructive.

I kid, I kid.

• Members
Unless someone can prove otherwise, Depp has not criticized the "american lifestyle."

I guess if you repeat something often enough...
:rolleyes:

Again, my contention was never that Depp did say that simply that that concept would be hypocritical in my opinion.

Besides, we need to get this thread back to the real topic. What color is bg9's toenail polish?

• Members
Again, my contention was never that Depp did say that simply that that concept would be hypocritical in my opinion.

Bull{censored}.

#6 wasn't asking about any "concept." He specifically asked what Depp said, as in:

"maybe i don't know what he's said vs. done...what makes him a hypocrite?

To which you immediately and directly replied:

"Criticizing the "american lifestyle" while also living off of it is quite hypocritical."

Then you reinforce your view of Depp:

"Whereas in the Depp situation, he directly profits from that which he criticizes."

Now you're saying it was never your contention that Depp said anything hypocritical. Wow.:rolleyes:

• Members
Bull{censored}.

#6 wasn't asking about any "concept." He specifically asked what Depp said, as in:

"maybe i don't know what he's said vs. done...what makes him a hypocrite?

To which you immediately and directly replied:

"Criticizing the "american lifestyle" while also living off of it is quite hypocritical."

Then you reinforce your view of Depp:

"Whereas in the Depp situation, he directly profits from that which he criticizes."

Now you're saying it was never your contention that Depp said anything hypocritical. Wow.
:rolleyes:

And now I am saying (for the third time) that I see where what I said could be easily misinterpreted and am clarifying my intent. My intent was never to specifically criticize Depp. It was to criticize Hollywood. The examples I provided were never meant to be examples of specific quotes from Johnny Depp. You can grab as many quotes as you want. I admit it, I didn't make it clear what I was trying to say. Now I am trying to make it clear (as I have in a couple of posts prior to this as well).

Archived