Recommend a gig bag?

Westsailor

• Members

Now that my old 3rd world P/J clone is now a shiny 'new & improved' fretless I wanna trash the POS gig bag I had for it.

I have a Roadrunner 'Pro' for my yammie and it's OK (it could a bit more padding on the bottom).

Just thought someone might know of an alternative I haven't run across yet.

Nothing real fancy/special, something under $100 and I can order online.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RockBag-Deluxe-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag-Road-Case_W0QQitemZ170164633254QQihZ007QQcategoryZ20830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I waited, and won it for $25. It's a great little bag with decent padding, and it secures your neck, too. So, there's less of knocking your tuners out of tune. And, if you're like me, you can fit your whole AMP in the front compartment.

• Members

I've seen the incase bags. Top notch and if I had a high end, expensive bass I'd definitely have one (vs a hardshell)

I do like the Ritter RG9000B but doesn't look like it's available in the states. ??

The Warwick looks like a lot of bang for the buck.

• Members

I do like the Ritter RG9000B but doesn't look like it's available in the states. ??

I have two of them. A single and a double. I got them through the distribution company at a killer price. I was waiting so long to get them, they basically gave them to at cost.

I don't recommend the double bag...the handles and straps aren't strong enough to support two heavy basses. If you had a couple of 8 pounders or something, sure. Both of my basses are like 11 lbs...and it didn't do so well with them!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just an update. I ended up getting a Warwick Rockbag 'CrossRunner' from GC (#549060).

It was a new item at GC. It said something about a pedalboard and I thought it meant one of the pockets was big enough for one but it actually came with a decent pedalboard (& velcro) in it's own pocket! Not that I have any pedals, but...

Anyway, VERY schweet! nicely padded (esp at bottom) denier, thicker than my other Road runner gigbag. Lotsa well placed gear pockets, HD zippers/pulls, Well reinforced handles/backstraps. I like how there are cinchable straps around the larger pockets to compress the contents so it won't shift around. I do wish the backpack straps were of the 'hideaway' variety like on my Roadrunner tho.

I was going to put up a link to the GC website but it's sold out and no pix.

If you're looking for an inexpensive (reg $139, bought for $49) bag this one is definately worth checking one.

• Members

The straps on my Ritter bag are unravelling. Started unravelling shortly after I got the bag. It's very comfortable to carry and I like the compartments. However, of the 3 bags that I have, this is most comfortable. But the other 2 aren't coming apart.

I saw a Body Glove gig bag on eBay and it looked really nice. I bid on it but it went beyond what I was willing to pay.

Right now, I have very mixed feelings about Ritter.

Archived