hey guys! help me find a small bass amp for cheap, please!

HumanFuseBen

• Members

hey guys!

i play guitar, but i'm getting a bass soon to improve my bass skills. i'll be needing an amp, and i'll be needing a cheap one! i don't plan to gig with it or anything, so it doesn't need to be huge or loud. i'd love to have something like the Roland Bass Cube 30, but its a little out of my price range. i'd like to spend less than $200 or so, and i don't mind buying used.

i'm mostly into players like Les Claypool, Jaco, and Ryan Martine from Mudvayne. I love Ryan's bass tone, anything similar to that would be awesome-o. i know jack {censored} about bass amps, so i need some help finding the right amp for me. thanks in advance!

• Members

I have always loved the Roland cubes. I used to have a Cube 30 a long time ago. It was awesome! I wish I still had it. There is a really cheap one on ebay right now...

For what I'm doing right now my Roland Cube 30 is perfect. Enough power to stand alone when some sailors get together with their acoustics and the recording out/'DI' plugs into the clubs mixer for the 'Big Nights'.

The Aux in lets me play tunes/backup tracks thru it when we get together for practice. And it's totally self contained with all the bells & whistles (amp modeling, compressor, chorus, flange, auto-wah, delay, reverb) you could want without having to keep up with a lot of other little boxes.

And it's so dinky... perfect for my sailboat. I wish Roland would offer just a 1-200w 'Cube' head though. How kick ass would that be?

Still, I'm gassing for another micro-sized rig 'o doom. Just so I won't have to depend/rely on some clubs house PA to get the oomph I might need.

Recognize this?

microrig.jpg

It's seriously calling my name. Probably a good thing I can't find where to buy them online or how to get it to Guatemala without incurring a 30% of retail customs duties.

• Members

Go to Guitar Center and get this. 179.00 and it's got everthing you need plus you could probably even jam with it. For an extra 20 bucks, GC usually offers a full two-year replacement warranty so you won't have to get it fixed if something goes wrong. Usually (with your cheaper amps) they are either solid or something is wrong with them that shows up right away. If it is good for the first month it's usually a solid amp.

What I like about this amp is all the features for the price. 2-channels (clean and distortion) with Octaver and footswitch (great addition). Built-in tuner (very cool), limiter (for louder jams), 50w + 12" speaker, CD input.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BT50-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=487805

:thu:

• Members

Go to Guitar Center and get this. 179.00 and it's got everthing you need plus you could probably even jam with it. For an extra 20 bucks, GC usually offers a full two-year replacement warranty so you won't have to get it fixed if something goes wrong. Usually (with your cheaper amps) they are either solid or something is wrong with them that shows up right away. If it is good for the first month it's usually a solid amp.

What I like about this amp is all the features for the price. 2-channels (clean and distortion) with Octaver and footswitch (great addition). Built-in tuner (very cool), limiter (for louder jams), 50w + 12" speaker, CD input.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BT50-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=487805

:thu:

looks like a good choice as well!

Archived