Re-finished basses?

REMUS

• Members

I'm going for a Bongo 6 in January and I was thinking about getting it in a blue glitter finish, but I can't get custom finishes done from the EBMM factory. So if I were to have another custom shop do the work, do you think it would affect the performance?

What are your experiences with refinished basses, i'm mostly interested in the durability, how it affects the subject bass, the price and who did the work.

I want a finish like this

page16_7.jpg

• Members

I have done, and while posting on the EBMM official forums I managed to piss off a moderator, Sterling himself and call a long term member of the forums a fanboi in under 5 posts....

I r 1337...

It's all good now though!

Currently inquiring about a bare-wood bongo 6, from their custom service team....

Also apparently the earliest they can be attained is via NAMM in the US and late spring in the UK, I can't actually buy one myself from the US and once a US EBMM is shipped in the UK... it's warranty is void!

EDIT: thanks for the heads up anyway bassman :thu:

• Members

Refins usually knock off some value , especially on a vintage piece . It's fairly straight forward though , just a lot of labor , sand it down a few layers then respray , a good painter could knock it out pretty quick . It's just a good bit of labor , you know , removing all hardware and electronics , masking and sanding etc. etc. I'm going to guess and say at least 500 bucks on up for it . If you were able to do all the prep you could probably save some cash .Good luck

Archived