I played guitar hero 3 yesturday and ...

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

... I just don't get it (the apeal).:idk: I guess if you are not musically inclined then its cool, but I think South Park has summed it up quite well (as usual). I don't think that I can waste anymore time on that game, I would much rather play a regular instrument, and not 1 that has 1 string and five frets.

• Members

It's fun. That's all there is to it. Entertainment.

Why would you play tony hawk after it's 10th game when you could just go skate?

Why play madden after 13 years of releases when you could just go play football?

Why play Call of Duty when you could just go join the army and kill people in real life?

And actually, believe it or not, guitar hero has helped my finger coordination a lot and thus improved my bass playing. I could go more into detail on what I'm talking about, but no one will care ;)

• Members

Why play madden after 13 years of releases when you could just go play football?

Why play Call of Duty when you could just go join the army and kill people in real life?

+1. It's a game, people! That's all it is--strictly entertainment. And if it turns kids on to picking up and learning an instrument, then all the better I say.

What I'm sick of is musicians complaining about it. :rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah! And why would you play Resident Evil when you could just...wait for people to get infected with some...kinda'....virus. And then shoot them in the head when they try to eat the flesh from your bones! That's it!!!

• Members

Yeah! And why would you play Resident Evil when you could just...wait for people to get infected with some...kinda'....virus. And then shoot them in the head when they try to eat the flesh from your bones! That's it!!!

Yeah!! Err, wait- what?! :mad:

:D

• Members

I tried to play YYZ on guitard hero II a few weeks ago, and failed miserably. It is of course very different to playing bass/guitar for real, and the fingering and stuff was pretty much the OPPOSITE of how the song goes on a real bass.

It's just entertainment...

• Members

The only reason I get behind guitar hero or rock band is it lets you share some of the fun of playing in a real band with your non-musical friends :)

I see zero reason at all to play the games by yourself. Guitar hero one fails miserably for that reason.

Rock band looks very cool :)

• Members

The only reason I get behind guitar hero or rock band is it lets you share some of the fun of playing in a real band with your non-musical friends
:)

I see zero reason at all to play the games by yourself. Guitar hero one fails miserably for that reason.

Rock band looks very cool
:)

I really really really really really really really really *Fades away for 3 hours* really really really WANT Rock Band.

But I don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3, so I have to wait until December for the PS2 version to be released!!!

And then I'm going to buy it!! And play! And!! YEAH!

But seriously though, Guitar Hero 3 is just a game, it's entertaining. I mean, I've friends that, if they touch a guitar it's as if the world has ended and someone needs to save them from the struggle. But with GH3 they're okay.

And it's fun. I mean, I enjoy staring at the scrolling screen for 17 hours. And then when I look away everything scrolls up and... Looks weird.. And I lose balance. And sit there for a half hour while recuperating! :)

• Members

The games that get me are the ones that are a video version of a game that is already a replacement game. Such as paintball. You can't really go around shooting people, so you go play paintball. I love to do this. But why buy a video game of playing paintball. If it's going to be a video game, shoot real video bullets!! :confused:

• Members

I enjoy playing Guitar Hero. I got the chance to play Rock Band yesterday, and 4 player mode was a lot of fun. I can sing a lick, but I did get to play the drums... which was fecking hard!

It had some really good songs on it too.

Rumor has it Rock Band will be coming out for Wii in '08. If that's true, I'm grabbing it fo' sho'. I have PS2, but it's dedicated to GH and is integrated into my basement bar entertainment system. The drums would get in the way of the drinkin' folk.

Archived