which mp3 player should i buy

bassdudeguy

• Members

• Members

I have an 8GB Sansa. It's nice. Just a couple minor things I don't like about it. (like the small buttons).

As far as iPods go... I've never owned one. Don't want to. You MUST use iTunes for it. And I've often heard that they cannot be used as a portable drive (for files and what-not).

Not that it's important for everyone. But it is for me. I can plug my Sansa into anyone's computer, and have full access to files, music, pics, and vids without the need for iTunes (or any other proprietary software).

• Members

I have an 8GB Sansa. It's nice. Just a couple minor things I don't like about it. (like the small buttons).

I got the 2GB Sansa Clip for $35 at the Best Buy Doorbuster sale...

400 Songs is plenty for what I use it for...Set up a couple of play lists and it's drag and drop city...:D

• Members

Dude best one in my opinion. I have one and files can be drag and drop...(no making {censored}ty itunes play list on this one) I have 30 gig (5,500 tunes at 192kps) draggs whole "my music" over to it. It does the rest. Oh yea and 12hrs of play time on every charge. I got it when they came out year and a half. No probs. I payed $400 and this one will go for cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200177315893&fromMakeTrack=true

• Members

(no making {censored}ty itunes play list on this one)

For what it's worth, you don't need to make a {censored}ty itunes playlist for the ipod either. You can just drag and drop your songs directly in itunes. And you don't even need to use itunes, most media software support ipods automatically now.

I'm all for getting something that's not an ipod, I think they're overpriced for the hype, but they are usually solid mp3 players.

• Members

For what it's worth, you don't need to make a {censored}ty itunes playlist for the ipod either. You can just drag and drop your songs directly in itunes. And you don't even need to use itunes, most media software support ipods automatically now.

True.

You can of course use any iPod as an external drive as well. No problems at all. Organizing your music in a program like i.e iTunes is actually easier than just keeping your music in folders on your hard drive, and dragging and dropping that.

• Members

True.

You can of course use any iPod as an external drive as well. No problems at all. Organizing your music in a program like i.e iTunes is actually easier than just keeping your music in folders on your hard drive, and dragging and dropping that.

I forgot about that too, just because I've never actually sat down to try, but good point :wave:

• Members

Uhh... you realize that both of the ones you posted are replicas right? Just checking...

I'm all for getting something that's not an ipod, I think they're overpriced for the hype, but they are usually solid mp3 players.

maybe the case now (not having to use itunes) but when i bought an ipod when the first 60g came out, you had to use itunes with it and itunes blows donkey dick (well it used to........) Gf came home with a free ipod she got at some banking conference and i said "have fun with that" cause the software is never going on the computer...lmao. It maybe "all good" now but i will never know. Some of the mp3 and mp4 players coming out of korea kick the {censored} out of any ipod. {censored} they have flash cards already that hold 30g and that was last year.

• Members

Get a Creative one, I have a Zen Vision:M 30GB and find it great. You can charge via usb or mains. You don't need to use the Creative software supplied but you can if you want. I use Winamp to manage my music collection on my laptop and MP3 player.

so no changing of batteries constantly, correct?

Archived