Schecter users to the newbie phone.

damaged goods

• Members
To answer your original question, I'll have to get back with you how it compares since mine isn't delivered. I've owned 4 other Schecters, so I'd say I'm one of the bigger fan boys here. Any Schecter (except for the Omen series) is going to beat the Ibby 300 hands down though. Now the SR500 series on the hand, mmm!!! (I'm kidding, those are two completely different animals, but the SR500 is a sexy, comparable bass whereas the 300 is not)

If it makes you feel any better, I have never ONCE read anything bad about a CV-4 (and I've done a lot of research). Everyone seems to be madly in love with it. And being a relatively rare bass, and getting it at that smokin price... You have no right to complain, even if you end up not liking it
:D

Yeah I knew the SR-300 wasn't going to win any awards, but I figured it would be good enough as a starter bass. I got interested in Schecters since nearly everyone seems to rave about their quality for the price range. Plus there's this guy I watch on youtube that plays on a Stiletto Elite-4 (as well as a Rickenbacker 4001) and I liked the tone that bass gave.

• Members

Yeah I knew the SR-300 wasn't going to win any awards, but I figured it would be good enough as a starter bass. I got interested in Schecters since nearly everyone seems to rave about their quality for the price range. Plus there's
I watch on youtube that plays on a Stiletto Elite-4 (as well as a Rickenbacker 4001) and I liked the tone that bass gave.

The C4 I played was my favorite of all of them, though the custom-4 in ivory is one of the sexiest basses I've ever seen. I believe the elite's have the same EMG pickups as a lot of the others, so tone shouldn't be an issue. I can't get to the website to double check atm.

• Members

+1000.

That is very important. If you wanna get a lot of people pissed off at you, go buy something out from under them.

I didn't read the original thread, but if you plan on sticking around, don't ever do that again.

i kinda disagree with this "licking the last slice of pizza" move. as well as giving all this crap to someone posting for their first time. calling dibs on ebay is bull{censored}.

you want the bass fing buy it. i dont care if you guys flame me, "dibs" means nothing to me.

• Members
BS man, i saw that auction first, ill called her before you did.

(sad thing about that is, i watched two friends back in HS get into a fist fight because one had dibs on a girl and the other ended up hooking up with her, lol)

How can you have "dibs" on a girl... She's not a slice of pizza (as you so eloquently put it)... She's involved too and makes decisions that sort of have a say in who "has dibs" :rolleyes:

Without turning this thread into a flame war, I can see both sides. On hand yes, it's ebay, every man for himself. On the other hand, we are a relatively close knit group of people in these forums, and try to respect and help each other out. It's really just more of a courtesy thing. No, you won't get banned or flogged or arrested for not going along with the ebay "dibs", but you'll be frowned upon for doing so; regardless of how right/wrong it actually is. Especially since said member had been searching for one for weeks, and was planning on purchasing in the morning. If it were 3 days later, however, I probably would've (in all seriousness) bought it myself :D

But that's ok. As I said, life goes on and if he wants to jump into the community then HE can give heads up when he finds good deals next time around to return the favor, just as I indirectly did for him. :thu:

• Members

Without turning this thread into a flame war, I can see both sides.

i agree. i was just stickin up for the n00b. if i knew someone here was looking for a specific bass and i came across one id send them a PM and stay away. on the other hand i do not feel like i have to scour 3 or 4 pages back of bass threads before i bid on something on ebay. if it was known that so and so was looking for this exact bass i can see someone getting pissed but either way that was the dudes (the guy who got the bass) first post.

as for the girl, we were assholes in HS. we were the kids that threw the beer parties on weekends and the girls would just come to where they were. it was almost 10 years ago now but i can still picture the fist fight that took place that night, good times.

• Members
i agree. i was just stickin up for the n00b.
if i knew someone here was looking for a specific bass and i came across one id send them a PM and stay away. on the other hand i do not feel like i have to scour 3 or 4 pages back of bass threads before i bid on something on ebay. if it was known that so and so was looking for this exact bass i can see someone getting pissed but either way that was the dudes (the guy who got the bass) first post.

as for the girl, we were assholes in HS. we were the kids that threw the beer parties on weekends and the girls would just come to where they were. it was almost 10 years ago now but i can still picture the fist fight that took place that night, good times.

/nod. It's cool, I didn't flame him, so no harm on my end.

And if it was in HS then she was fine to be treated like an object; stupid/naive young chicks dig it :D;)

• Members

I own a CV-4 and am a big schecter fanboy. They make great basses. Amazing sound, good flexibility with the HH/J, and ballsy. Love the mid boost switch too (at least I'm fairly sure that's what it is, it seems to make it really sharp)

Two complaints I have are not terribly serious-

1- the neck moves a lot. i had to adjust it almost monthly.

2- could really use an 18v preamp. I think I'd be much happier with the nuts of the sound that way.

All in all, if Schecter made a CV-4 with a graphite neck and an 18v preamp, I would be sold. As it is I've thought about seeing if I could get the schecter body and a preamp upgrade hooked up with my Modulus' neck :)

Archived