Eden users: Enhance?

willsellout

• Members

My Nemesis NC 112P combo had the Enhance control. I used to pre-shape the frequency spectrum I wanted to accent, the used the three-band quasi-parametric EQ to tweak the tone.

It sounded pretty decent. I used that amp as my main rig for seven years, and it's the only SS combo I've ever raved about. I sold it to finance the Traynor/Avatar rig I have now. I miss it. :(

• Members

The enhance is a cool tool but you need to be careful about when you use it. It boosts the low-mids and high-mids and scoops out the middle of the midrange. It sounds great when you play alone or in small combo situations. But in most any band situation if you use it, you'll disappear in the mix. I never use it with the band.

• Members

The enhance is something that Probably sounds great for recording, but live I use little if any at all as it can rob you of headroom.

But generally the EQ set flat with no enhance is a great tone for most users. I guess you don't need to worry about it much if you don't need to use it, then use it if you think it's appropriate.

Which type of Eden head are you looking at BTW?

• Members

The enhance is something that Probably sounds great for recording, but live I use little if any at all as it can rob you of headroom.

But generally the EQ set flat with no enhance is a great tone for most users. I guess you don't need to worry about it much if you don't need to use it, then use it if you think it's appropriate.

Which type of Eden head are you looking at BTW?

I'm looking at the WT550 or the WT800 if I can find a good one used..and if someone buys my GBE1200:D..or hell even trades me..but no luck as of yet

• Members

I'm looking at the WT550 or the WT800 if I can find a good one used..and if someone buys my GBE1200:D..or hell even trades me..but no luck as of yet

If you go for a WT800 be sure to grab a "B or C" model. These will bridge down to 4 ohms, wehre the "A" only goes down to 8 ohms. Just gives you more flexibility when selecting your cabs and how you want to run them. :thu:

• Members

Hmm.. no love for the GB?

I compared the GB600 to the WT800 in a store, side by side. The eden had 4x10 and a 15 and the GB had a 6x10.

I would really thought the eden sounded less good.

Have you had the chance to A/B them?

• Members

Hmm.. no love for the GB?

I compared the GB600 to the WT800 in a store, side by side. The eden had 4x10 and a 15 and the GB had a 6x10.

I would really thought the eden sounded less good.

Have you had the chance to A/B them?

Nope..nothing wrong with the GB, this is why I bought one of their Neo Packs. I just wanted something warmer. The GB isn't warm to my ears. It sounds great but I'm looking to have a more vintage vibe as well as have the ability to go modern and aggressive with the GB. Both excellent amps.

Dan

• Members

Nope..nothing wrong with the GB, this is why I bought one of their Neo Packs. I just wanted something warmer. The GB isn't warm to my ears. It sounds great but I'm looking to have a more vintage vibe as well as have the ability to go modern and aggressive with the GB. Both excellent amps.

Dan

Got it.

Hmm.. I would now like to hear the GB with my upright to see how that sounds.

Damn music stores lack of german upright basses in their try out section!:thu:

• Members

If you go for a WT800 be sure to grab a "B or C" model. These will bridge down to 4 ohms, wehre the "A" only goes down to 8 ohms. Just gives you more flexibility when selecting your cabs and how you want to run them.
:thu:

The C is known to have reliability issues.

Just FYI.

• Members

Yeah I heard they rushed them in the beginning, had some issues, but fixed them now..as well as their CS. This is all second or thirdhand but it looks to be shaping up for them.

Dan

I check the Eden forum quite regularly and it's been months since I've seen anyone report a fault with a WT800C which relates to the problems they first experienced with them. I'd have every confidence trading my B for a C right now. ;)

Then again, I'm on the lookout for a good WT1205 in the next few months.

Archived