Hope I don't regret this !! Eden content.

smitty0069

• Members

Hey everyone,

Having been a gigging musician for 20+ yrs. as a guitar player I just recently made a switch to bass.......and I love it.

Aside from playing guitar in bands I've been working as a soundman for the last five years or so & have had the opportunity to be exposed to some great musicians & gear.

Having mixed quite a number of Eden bass rigs I always loved the sound & the players always seemed to love them equally & have never heard much negative about them until doing some searching on here as well as Talkbass just recently.

Up to this point I've been using a qsc power amp & a Sansamp BDDI & I had bought an Eden 210xlt cab a little while back knowing full well I wanted to go Eden at some point......atleast I thought.

Anyway, I was finally in a position to get the head I've been wanting to match my cab, but after reading the stories of Edens CS & QC I was completely convinced I had better just go w/ another brand,........but I still couldn't get that Eden tone out of my head.

So lastnight...........after a lot of tire kicking I went ahead & ordered an Eden WT405. It really has the feature set I'm after & it while not as light weight as the new breed of light weight amps it is still easily transportable & the tone is what really steers me towards these amps. It seems most of the issues I'm aware of revolve around the new WT800c & 1205 series, but after that Edens CS is really what's in the {censored}ter.

I just had to at least give this a try to quinch my Eden GAS. Hopefully I won't be kicking myself in the near future over it's dependability & Eden's CS, but I have 45 days to see what I think & continue looking into all my options & the Neo-paks certainly have my attention, but would have probably not been completely satisfied w/ anything unless I gave this a chance.

Hope I don't regret this!!

• Members

I think you should be ok nowadays. They had they're problems, but I haven't heard much grumbling in a long time.

Worst thing that could happen is if the new one breaks, you return it ,get your cash and buy an older one that for sure works.

Eden has great tone! Enjoy! :)

• Members

I think you should be ok nowadays. They had they're problems, but I haven't heard much grumbling in a long time.

Worst thing that could happen is if the new one breaks, you return it ,get your cash and buy an older one that for sure works.

Eden has great tone! Enjoy!
:)

+1. They had some rocky CS during their buyout/moving period but things are much better and from what I hear are improving all the time. The WT405 is a sweet amp. I'm sure you're gonna love it.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I really hope Eden gets things in order & back on track.....sounds like they may already be.

I've been struggling with what to do for awhile now, but in the end I just had to take a chance that they will get things right & that this will pan out the way I hoped.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I really hope Eden gets things in order & back on track.....sounds like they may already be.

I've been struggling with what to do for awhile now, but in the end I just had to take a chance that they will get things right & that this will pan out the way I hoped.

The product problems were with the new product launches after they were bought. I believe they were rushed to market.

As far as customer service goes...I hope it got better. It couldn't have gotten worse! :lol:

• Members

The product problems were with the new product launches after they were bought. I believe they were rushed to market.

As far as customer service goes...I hope it got better. It couldn't have gotten worse!
:lol:

Yeah.....your incident as well as some of what I read on Talkbass is exactly what had/has me concerned.

It's not completely uncommon for new develpments in electronic gear to go thru some trials or have some issues......Crown even had some w/ the I-tech's & XTI power amps, but what concerned me mostly was the way your issues were handled by Eden.

Hopefully that was mainly centered around their buy-out & this is behind them & they are getting back on track.

• Members

IIRC, the problems in past discussions of Eden centered on (a) *amplifier* reliability and (b) customer service.

I didn't hear any bitching about Eden's cabs, though I admit I didn't read the threads in excruciating detail. :D

I love my 210XLT.

And I've had zero headaches, plus a whole lotta tone-shaping love, powering it with a Genz Benz amplifier. ;) That cab and amp have been the sex. Admittedly, I'm poking around for a lightweight 115 or 212 to see how that might fill out the sound a tad more and work as a smaller rig, but I certainly dig the rig I have.

• Members

IIRC, the problems in past discussions of Eden centered on (a) *amplifier* reliability and (b) customer service.

I didn't hear any bitching about Eden's cabs, though I admit I didn't read the threads in excruciating detail.
:D

I love my 210XLT.

And I've had zero headaches, plus a whole lotta tone-shaping love, powering it with a Genz Benz amplifier.
;)
That cab and amp have been the sex. Admittedly, I'm poking around for a lightweight 115 or 212 to see how that might fill out the sound a tad more and work as a smaller rig, but I certainly dig the rig I have.

Yeah...I was never really referencing or concerned about the cabs as part of Edens QC/CS issues.

I had picked up a 210xlt some time back thinking that I was going Eden thruout my rig when I could get the scratch for the head as well.

In the meantime I'm discovering some terrible CS from Eden & really wasn't sure what to do once I was in the position to get the head.

I guess time will tell.

• Members

Smitty0069,

Like many growing companies Eden have had their fair share of incidents I'm sure they'd like to put behind them. I think they're certainly improving but they are still evolving which means from time to time they can be prone to dropping the ball.

As far as their cabs go, I've not heard of too many problems with them and they're certainly some of the best sounding money can buy.

With regards to their amps, your should pretty much find that some of the issues they had surrounding the WT800C and WT1205 have all but dissappeared now. The only time probalems occur as in the rare instance that one has been sitting ona shop shelf for a while without being sent back to Eden for their modifications. They have said that they will sort out any amp (Wt800C or 1205) that needs modifications done to correct these known issues.

I'd have no problem purchasing either of these amps nowadays and in fact, I might be getting a 1205 within the next few months.

The WT400's which you've ordered are a very reliable and arguably the warmest sounding of the Eden WT range. There's currently some threads on the Eden forum where past users have tracked them down again after upgrading to more powerful models because they beleive the 400 is best sounding of the bunch.

And hopefully, at the end of the day your concerns with Eden CS become irrelevant as I'm sure that amp will just keep going and going for you.

Good luck with it mate!

• Members

I've had my Eden 550 Traveler for almost two years now and not so much as a hiccup. Stop your worrying. Most of the problems were when people would hook up their cabs wrong on the mono/parallel models. I don't believe the 405 has that capability. Cheers mate, and welcome to the Eden world!

Archived