New Bass Snipe

xOriginalNinjax

• Members

So, I was perusing the 'bay as I usually do...looking for a few things...and I noticed that a Fullerton Venture Deluxe was on there, $100, no reserve, no BIN, $9 shipping. Well, it was blue, instead of black like the one I have...but I was like, "eh, let's see if I can get the guy to put a $110.25 BIN up and I'll hit it." So, I message him, he just replies, "Ok." and puts it up. So now, I'll have a black Fullerton and a blue Fullerton. :thu: I'm gonna change the hardware on the blue one to black though, cuz the gold looks a little tacky on the blue...but this rocks...saves me from making a $1300 custom bass when I'm this far in debt as well!

This also means I'll be needing to make a trip to Chicago for a new nut/fretwork and setup again though REALLY soon.......:poke:

• Members

Looks a lot like my Ibanez SR400. Well, body shape and headstock. Pups on it are different, the Iby had reversed P + J, with an active 3-band, instead of the MM+J setup that has.

Hope you enjoy it!

Ain't gonna be any problems there! :thu: It's the exact same as the one I have now (except it's blue...and doesn't have an actual Music Man pickup...and doesn't have a hand crafted nut from Kindness...and hasn't had the fretwork done...)

but I'm sure I'll love it. It'll be great to have 2 exact same axes to back each other up...

• Members

Ain't gonna be any problems there!
:thu:
It's the exact same as the one I have now (except it's blue...and doesn't have an actual Music Man pickup...and doesn't have a hand crafted nut from Kindness...and hasn't had the fretwork done...)

but I'm sure I'll love it. It'll be great to have 2 exact same axes to back each other up...

Watch the paint and junk change the tone. :p

• Members

Haha.

Do you plan on modding them, eh?

One is semi-modded, and I love the tone out of it...the other...we'll see. I know it'll need fret work and a setup (the other REALLY did) and I may change out the MM pickup...and see if I can get Kindness to make me another nut...that way he'll have made both of mine :freak: and other than that....they'd be the same and I'll probably leave em as is.

• Members

What's the neck profile on your current Fullerton? Assume that it's not a fluke.
:p

They really do seem appealing.
:p

It's a weird profile, but has been my favorite, since I grew up on it...it's a mix between a P-bass and Jazz. It's got the jazz shape, but a 1 9/16" nut, close to a jazz...weird, hmm? I only really like that and the jazz profile and the Ric profile from everything I've played on a 4-string...

Yeah, they are appealing. Good luck finding em though....I now own 2 ;) haha

oh...and to fuel that gas...

l_baf8475fa1c19f0562d16dfe9a2ce5a2.jpg

l_3f3b3306dbfebccb979979591211d6b7.jpg

Pics of my black one. I'll get evil twin pics of the two when the other comes in.

Archived