New Bass Snipe

xOriginalNinjax

• Members
It's a weird profile, but has been my favorite, since I grew up on it...it's a mix between a P-bass and Jazz. It's got the jazz shape, but a 1 9/16" nut, close to a jazz...weird, hmm? I only really like that and the jazz profile and the Ric profile from everything I've played on a 4-string...

Yeah, they are appealing. Good luck finding em though....I now own 2
;)
haha

oh...and to fuel that gas...

Pics of my black one. I'll get evil twin pics of the two when the other comes in.

Hot.

I expected the profile to be kinda... Wide. Sort of like... Alembic, I guess. With very little spacing change down the neck. That's a bit different, though.

Evil twins... Too bad you can't play them both at once? ;)

• Members

Hot.

I expected the profile to be kinda... Wide. Sort of like... Alembic, I guess. With very little spacing change down the neck. That's a bit different, though.

Evil twins... Too bad you can't play them both at once?
;)

Thankee. Haha.

Nah, it's definitely not like that...it's almost EXACTLY like my Peavey Grind BXP was when I owned it...which I had that thing for like...5 years...haha

they should get equal playing time though once the blue one is set up. Especially since they'll sound identical. It'll just depend on my shirt I suppose? :freak:

• Members
It's a weird profile, but has been my favorite, since I grew up on it...it's a mix between a P-bass and Jazz. It's got the jazz shape, but a 1 9/16" nut, close to a jazz...weird, hmm? I only really like that and the jazz profile and the Ric profile from everything I've played on a 4-string...

Yeah, they are appealing. Good luck finding em though....I now own 2
;)
haha

oh...and to fuel that gas...

l_baf8475fa1c19f0562d16dfe9a2ce5a2.jpg

l_3f3b3306dbfebccb979979591211d6b7.jpg

Pics of my black one. I'll get evil twin pics of the two when the other comes in.

It looks real nice. I like the stain on that.

• Members

So, the bass came in today, here are the obligatory pics, though not wonderful due to HORRID lighting...I'll get better ones at some point...but these REALLY show off the grain.

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

It showed up right as I was leaving for work...so now I go work on it...it's not in the greatest playable setup right now, but isn't that bad.

• Members

I was the first one on this forum to own one. No one had seen one before. Even Thunderbroom ended up with one. Mine was red. It is definately an Ibanaez lawsuit bass. The pots were horrible, the neck seeemed too short and definately too narrow. I used it a couple times and sold it. It was way too light for me, too.

• Members

but that would defeat the purpose of me buying the one to back the other up spot on for tone/playability?:poke:

Do you really need that? If it's just a backup, it probably doesn't matter all that much how different it sounds. I would think the difference in tone would be more valuable.

Archived