Any photoshop guru's out there?

gspointer

• Members

Elements, especially the new version, has a lot of the essential tools for working on photos. Plus, some of the features have a wizard-type interface so that if she doesn't feel comfortable using a curves panel, the program can assist her with a more basic interface. The newer version looks pretty, too. :)

It's also got more consumer-level features for organization and sharing. I'll stick with the full version of PS, but being a "professional" photographer, it's sometimes necessary to have some of the more advanced bells and whistles.

• Members

Thank you both. She is most definitely an ameteur, so this is the price and feature set that I think will work best for her. Now I will find out if she will use it.

Past presents that bombed that I thought she would like.

1. Polaris sportsman 400, she claims to like it, but only puts about 1 hour a year on it.

2. Various guns, She will express interest in a gun, I will remember it,(I have even tried to talk her out of a couple of them), she claims to like them, and they collect dust.

3. most houshold Bed bath and beyond type products never leave the original box.

• Members

Thank you both. She is most definitely an ameteur, so this is the price and feature set that I think will work best for her. Now I will find out if she will use it.

Past presents that bombed that I thought she would like.

1. Polaris sportsman 400, she claims to like it, but only puts about 1 hour a year on it.

2. Various guns, She will express interest in a gun, I will remember it,(I have even tried to talk her out of a couple of them), she claims to like them, and they collect dust.

3. most houshold Bed bath and beyond type products never leave the original box.

Seriously, after all those failed gifts I'd go with gift cards or cash . If she complains about how impersonal it is just be like "I'm tired of spending money on {censored} you don't use, so go buy yourself something you actually want".

Archived