• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cool, is that a proper bison bass?

Nice double bass btw
:thu:
got any specs?

hey, thanks!
That is actually a 1963(or 64) W.E.M. Rapier bass. A while back, I had a fretless neck built for it, as the original was just about totaled. While doing research on it, I came to the conclusion that a previous owner added at least one section of pickguard. Sure looks mean, ay?

The upright is an Engelhardt Swingmaster with a few upgrades.

• Moderators

Chris Benavente built the 5 & 6

www.benaventeguitars.com

Fred Bolton built the 7

www.beebasses.com

Those 3 have just about cured me of GAS... if any one of them cannot make the sounds I'm looking for, I probably don't need to be making that sound anyway
:thu:

I never get tired at look at the beauty in those basses. Not the least of which being that you knew what you wanted and got it. Someday I'd love to play them.

• Members
I never get tired at look at the beauty in those basses. Not the least of which being that you knew what you wanted and got it. Someday I'd love to play them.

Thanks! as I've mentioned... I may have to take a road trip west one of these days. If'n you travel east to the coast... I might even buy dinner AND let you play the basses :thu:

wall-002.jpg

I need to get motivated on getting the Destroyer finished... I'm trying to choose the right bridge. I think it's going to be a BadAss II but I do love the ones on my 6 & 7 (hipshot "A" style I think). Once I get the bridge, it's just a matter of reassembly :)

Archived