Victor Wooten

W33nie

• Members

Yes, I saw Bela Feck and the Flecktones in Columbia, SC at the flower garden Amphitheater in the Riverbanks Zoo a few summers ago...Absolutely gorgeous as the sun went down. Small crowd of a couple hundred.

Vic blew the house main breaker twice and the Sax kept the jam going acoustically while they replaced it on both occasions. Amazing musicians...the whole lot.

• Members

Patitucci doesn't really.."do it" for me, he can play like a mother, but I just have this distaste for his style

Saw Victor Wooten with Bela Fleck a few months ago. Bela was clearly a better musician than Victor, but Vic played some craise grooves. Show was tight, and I dug the drummer! One hand on the midi thing, other hand and leg on the kit

• Members

Bela was clearly a better musician than Victor

Not sure if that's a fair comment on a Bela Fleck show because I've been to 3 shows by them and of course Bela will get featured more than Victor or Vic's brother (why shouldn't he, it's his band;)). Try to catch an actual Victor Wooten concert and you'll see him rip it apart!!:p

Mr. Matt

• Members

Same here. Vic's playing just touches me. By contrast, Patitucci's just comes off as overly refined(for lack of a better expression) to me.

Combine Patitucci's style with the uber-technical style of Weckl and you have a rhythm section that is gonna be tight as a frogs asshole, but clinical and, for my tastes, a little sterile.

Archived