OT: Problems with neighbors.

Geddy'sFavHeadache

• Members

They like to make noise all night like little children. I tried calling the cops, but they never came the other night because when they asked "would you like to speak to an officer?" i said, "no, i have to try to get some sleep regardless." that was dumb, cause they never showed. Anyway it's a lot of pounding on the walls, ya know like 8 year olds do. These guys are doing drugs staying up for days in a row. They even look like junkies. And i'm loosing sleep. But don't want to have the police come out unless I know for sure they'll be caught hitting the walls. They hit the wall hard every half hour or so. My property manager doesn't really care to do her job. And won't take my word for it. Is there any Police Officers here that can maybe give me pointers on what I can do? I'm loosing a lot of sleep and I am loosing my mind as well. please help

• Members

um, start practicing your bass really loud in the wee hours of the morning? hehe!

I don't know. The thing I hate about calling the cops, is if you want to do it in secret without nobody knowing and TELL them that you DON'T want them to knock on your door or park in your driveway-they still do! Pisses me off. Makes the neighbors think I am the tattle talers of the neighborhood!

• Members

um, start practicing your bass really loud in the wee hours of the morning? hehe!

I don't know. The thing I hate about calling the cops, is if you want to do it in secret without nobody knowing and TELL them that you DON'T want them to knock on your door or park in your driveway-they still do! Pisses me off. Makes the neighbors think I am the tattle talers of the neighborhood!

I wish they'd knock on my door! Some mother{censored}ers need to shut the {censored} up.

• Members

We have {censored}ty neighbors too. The kid next door is dealing, then the littler kid is always outside making noise. The parents are never there, and they have like 3 weeks of trash on the side of their house in garbage bags that get torn up and when it's windy their old trash gets blown into our yard. The people behind us have 2 small dogs in the back yard that never shut up, so they constantly yell in Spanish to try to quiet them down. Then the other next door neighbor is a bouncer at a strip club, but we've had no problems with him. It's not like we live in a {censored}ty neighborhood, but prices on houses around here are so low right now anybody can live in a good neighborhood.

• Members

Can you find out how their landlord is and speak to them directly about their antics? I'm sure if this property is an investment for them they won't take lightly to people banging on their walls, doing drugs and so on.

I wouldn't know if you have freedom to property ownership listings in Denver like we do in Australia, but getting the owners contact details would be where I'd start.

• Members

I would talk to them first as well...

Yup. I've had neighbors just call the cops instead of talk to me about noise issues. Then deny that they're the ones that called the cops.:rolleyes:

These same neighbors called me an asshole when I didn't use my company's plow to help them dig out from the big March blizzard in 2003, like I did everyone else on the block.:idea:

Respect gets respect, sometimes it has to come from you first, even if you hate doing it.

C7

Archived