what is your day time job?

SelenaBassGirl

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm the Youth Arts Program Coordinator at a visual arts studio for kids in a high-risk neighborhood in the inner city. By title I'm a teacher in Primary/Junior level. I got my Bachelor of Ed. last year and entered into a very crowded job market here but my job is a great consolation prize. Love it.

I also do commissioned artwork (see sig).

• Members

I'm a retired graphic arts/Photoshop God and photographer.

Got out of photography because it was way too expensive to maintain digital equipment...even only upgrading every 3 years or so. Film is dead...but at least I could still run film through a 50 year old Leica. Digital changes too quickly and I'm still not satisfied with long-term storage of the "digital negatives". I have negatives going back to the 70's still...and they took no thought in storage...yet I don't know how many RAW files I've lost and if I want them to last the next 30 years I must keep on top of where they're going to be stored and how...as CD has a 20 year lifespan now we've learned...not that we're even sure if there will be something to even READ CD's 30 years from now. I could go on and on...but I won't.

Went back into music. You get a bass...you can play that same bass until the day you die. All analog...go from bass to maybe an effect or two and then into the amp. Can concentrate on playing it instead of maintaining it in any significant way. I don't make any money off of it, and if I did that would be cool, but I don't do it for the money.

Now, if I were to get into keyboards...I think that looks like an even bigger money pit than photography! :freak:

• Members

Studio Musician for local TV/Radio Staion

Play in 3 bands

Run Sound (more than I'd like to but can't say no to the $$ :p)

Teach bass (14 students)

Record bands in my "cheap" little studio in my basement

Pretty much music full time, but different things so it keeps it interesting!

Mr. Matt

Archived