My house got broken into today

tylytle

• Members

At our old apartment we were broken into twice, both times they stole our DVD player and all of our DVD's (so we lost about 200 DVD's) and jewelery (My wifes, all my silver stays on me...) seems they never even went into the front bedroom that had my gear in it (Thank God), crackheads or meth-heads area t least smart enough to know what is hard to trace and what is easy, so they may have just been avoiding the large and highly documented items.

I went baseball bat shopping and settled on a Tee Bal bat (Aluminum) because in a pinch it was small enough to get a good swing (even inside the apartment)... there was a string of home invasions and we had a guy knock on our door at 2 in the morning, said he'd run out of gas, but our apartment was nowhere near the road, so I told him that I had a baseball bat in my hand (it lived right inside the door) and to get the F out of here.... We were the only white folks living in that hood........

Nevada has a 'reasonable escape' claus, so if there is an exit (door in our case, second floor apartment) you have to use it, so I've told my wife that if anyone breaks in to go to the closet, that way I have a legitimate excuse to murder then with my bat......

Now we are in a 'nicer' hood, but they've recently started allowing section 8 folks in this complex, so the bat is once again living by the door, our car window has been broken once and the alarm was set off twice.. I ran outside with my bat and yelled 'Pussies!!!" really loud for 5 minutes.

• Members

I went baseball bat shopping and settled on a Tee Bal bat (Aluminum) because in a pinch it was small enough to get a good swing (even inside the apartment)...

No, those aluminum tee ball bats are no good. I've snapped them in half with one swing before. You best get yourself a good ol' Louisville Slugger.

• Members

sorry you place got broken into. I have never experienced that kind of violation and I lived in NYC for 36 years!

when my gun is not on hip it is in a safe......this is a must follow rule I hope you heed in the future. the implications are tremendous. what if this asshole kills someone with your gun?

this is the very reason gun laws dont work....that criminal did not have to pass a background check to get a gun.....you dont help our side by not properly securing it.....:cop:

• Members

I'm sorry, but if you break into someone's house with the deliberate intention to deprive them of property, you deserve what you get. If they whack you in the head with a baseball bat, you have only yourself to blame.

• Members

when my gun is not on hip it is in a safe......this is a must follow rule I hope you heed in the future. the implications are tremendous. what if this asshole kills someone with your gun?

But what happens if you really need your gun in just such a case and it's locked away?

• Members

My other guns are locked away. This one is my security gun I keep handy and somewhat hidden.

Kind of hard to tell someone that breaks in, Could you hold on a sec so I can get my gun out of the safe??

These are {censored}ty excuses for not keeping your gun locked up. If you have a gun, you lock it up. No excuses, period. If you are worried about quick access, get one of these:

http://www.gunvault.com/gunvaultmultivaultbiometric/

It might take you 3 seconds longer, and your gun won't get stolen and/or misused.

• Members

Now we are in a 'nicer' hood, but they've recently started allowing section 8 folks in this complex, so the bat is once again living by the door, our car window has been broken once and the alarm was set off twice.. I ran outside with my bat and yelled 'Pussies!!!" really loud for 5 minutes.

Huh. I guess the mixed income housing they're trying to promote really isn't as ideal as they make it seem. I know it's gotta be better than big project housing (shudder) but everyone needs to realize that crime and poverty go hand in hand.

Hopefully you'll eventually be able to move to new digs where the trash are simply priced out of the market.

Archived